- Apr 9, 2010
I bought an Inkbird IBBQ-4T about a year and 9 months ago. After using it about ten times in that duration it has stopped working and will no longer turn on. It was just an ok thermometer in its short life. Here are my thoughts
- The temp readings are fairly accurate and come in a couple of degrees from correct.
- The box is nice and you dont need to buy a separate storage container for it
- The probes seem well built and are a good length but you need to make sure they click into the port
- It does have both wifi and bluetooth capability but it is tempermental. Some days it would connect and most others it would not. I would have to switch back and forth between bluetooth and wifi before it would finally connect.
- It only supports 2.4 wifi and not 5 or 6.
- The app will not remember the connection to the thermo and have had to remove the device and reinstall many times in order to get it to connect
- Customer service is responsive to a point. I asked if there was a way to reset the thermo to get it running again and they told me it was out of warranty and offered to sell me another one at an undetermined price they didnt tell me rather than answer my question.
- I dont think I would buy this again due to the short life of the product and wasting 15 or so minutes everytime I wanted to use it trying to get it to connect to the app.