Question on sausage stuffers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KetoJoe

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2022
South Florida
I have the Hakka 7lb sausage stuffer. Overall, I really like it but a lot of meat gets stuck in the elbow when the plate goes all the way down. That results in losing about 2-3 sausages worth of meat. Yes, I can turn it into patties, which is what I do, but I was wondering if the other stuffers do the same thing.

I was looking at the Meat your maker stuffer and other ones like that, and they don't have the elbow at the bottom. Do they also lose meat or is just what's left in the horn itself?

I am still within the return period of the Hakka

I have a 5 lb LEM that doesn't have the elbow at the bottom. What I do at the end is unscrew the horn with the casing still on it and push that meat into the casing. What I have left over in the bottom of the stuffer is about enough to make a patty, if that.

Reactions: ronf and SmokinEdge
I had the same stuffer for a long time and experienced the same issue. I bought a cheap jerky cannon and would just unscrew the stuffing horn from the stuffer, install it onto the jerky cannon, put the rest of the meat in, and finish stuffing the last of meat with the jerky cannon. Yes, it's one more thing to wash but it saved a ton of sausage meat over a period of time.

Robert

I have the Hakka 7lb sausage stuffer. Overall, I really like it but a lot of meat gets stuck in the elbow when the plate goes all the way down. That results in losing about 2-3 sausages worth of meat. Yes, I can turn it into patties, which is what I do, but I was wondering if the other stuffers do the same thing.

I was looking at the Meat your maker stuffer and other ones like that, and they don't have the elbow at the bottom. Do they also lose meat or is just what's left in the horn itself?

I have a Csbelas 5 and 20 lb stuffer which are horrible because they also have a well at the bottom before the elbow. It’s 1.5 lbs of meat left over. When I get to the last of it I have put in bread heals to cover the meat and push everything through. I have also used wadded up bread bags:Saran Wrap because they form a good seal and conform to the elbow.

Most of the time, however, it’s dinner or breakfast the next day as a reward for all the effort.

This is what gets left in the connection and the horn of a 5 pound LEM .
1668860483977.jpeg

Reactions: sawhorseray

TIP: Run crushed ice thru it to push the meat from elbow.
Bread works but then you have to get it out from the meat before you stuff in the casing, ice crushed you won't.

I have a 5 lb LEM that doesn't have the elbow at the bottom. What I do at the end is unscrew the horn with the casing still on it and push that meat into the casing. What I have left over in the bottom of the stuffer is about enough to make a patty, if that.
DITTO!! but I now wish I bought the 15lb instead of the 5 lb.

Reactions: DougE

I had the same stuffer, and I know all too well about how much meat is left in the elbow. I just recently bought an LEM 10lb electric stuffer, and when I was playing around with it, the VERY FIRST THING I noticed whs that the bottom of the stuffer has a slight indention for the meat to flow out the tubes... Absolutely nothing like the HAKKA, which has that huge elbow.

KetoJoe KetoJoe
Just buy these, problem solved... raise piston, place these in tube, they will push all that sausage out.

Reactions: johnnyb54
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky