Question on Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oconeeal

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Georgia
I am planning a brisket for today Georgia and Florida game.  (Go Dawgs).  It 12 lb and I start last night at 9 pm planning on 16 hours cook.  It at 180 IT now.  I cook it between 225 and 250.  It look like it going to be done before we were planning to eat around 5.  I am checking hourly with the toothpick. but it if is done before hand what is the best way to keep warm.  I am planning on double wrap it in heavy duty foil and let rest.  How long will it stay warm or what the best way to reheat it for the game?

Hello OconeeAl.  Sounds like a good plan to me.  After foil wrap in a blanket or a couple towels then place in a warm cooler.  Cooler can be warmed a little by a blanket straight from the dryer or warm water,  Just be sure to dry it if using water.  It should hold well in there for an easy 3-4 hrs.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky