Question for the gavity feeder guys.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbnice1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
Sorry if this was already covered.

What happens to the left over charcoal when your smoke it done? Do you just turn it to high and burn the rest to coals or is there a way to shut it down so it kills the heat or what?

This grill/smoker looks fantastic and I believe its my next. I want something that gives better flavor then my MES30 and is easier to run them my old vertical charcoal smokers.

ok. is the charcoal still good on the next cook? Usually it is sits out too long the humidity gets to it.

yea. I am wondering what happens when the charcoal is sitting in there for a few weeks.

I empty mine and store the unused charcoal in an airtight plastic storage crate (target).
If burning briquets just pull the grate and they fall into the ash catch bin.
IF burning lump you have to reach into the feed chamber from the top and dig them out by hand as the odd shapes of lump catch in the grate and make it impossible to remove.
In any case once the block off flats are installed, the fire goes out pretty quickly and the unburned charcoal is most def re-usable.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky