Question about Smoker/Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vaguy

Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Bend, OR.
I been doing some looking around and found out that there is a Traeger factory store just down the street. What does everybody think about them? Does anyone on here hae one or have used one? If so, what do you think about them? Are they worth the money? All info will be taken into consideration. Thanks in advance, Chris

Nice units. I don't have one but did a fair amount of research on them before I got my GOSM smoker. I saw some being used at a BBQ festival in Lake Placid, New York in early July.

Based on my understanding, you can do most grilling and smoking on them. If I had room for only one unit on my porch, I would seriously consider a Traeger. I would get the digital temp control upgrade, as I don't think the standard 3 position switch would be flexible enough for most folks.

Hope this helps.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Thanks Meowey. I talked to the guy at the store and they are giving the digital control and a cover away with the unit right now. I'm working on the "fundage" factor. The Mrs keeps reminding me that Christmas is coming up fast and with three rugrats you know where I stand on the spending list. Maybe I'll get lucky and the overtime will last at work. Catch up with you later, Chris

I remember the rugrat stage. Mine are now in their 20s. Put it on your wish list and if you are a very good boy then maybe Santa will find your house this year.

Take care and do good,

Meowey

VAGuy, I've had one since March and I love it. It's all I use, smoke and grill. Easy to use, easy to clean, just don't tell anyone. We only use our oven for b-day cakes and cookies, which is on my list to try. I hope to upgrade to the dig. therm. this winter, $190 is hard to do when that will buy 135#'s of brisket. I have a big tex and it is about the right size for us. Any questions let me know. May take a while, I've been busy with harvest and planting wheat. We got a nice rain yesterday and may not be back in the field till Saturday or Sunday. Look'n for something to smoke and see the kids today.

Good luck and see if you can try a traeger out for a day. It will sell itself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky