Question about Maverick ET733

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cazorp

Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Abilene, Texas
I recently purchased a Maverick ET733 and have poured over the instructions.  My question is, do you have to use both probes in order for the thermometer top work properly.  I don't need a thermometer for my smoker.  The one on my smoker is very accurate.  The 733 moving back in forth from 1 & 2 is very annoying when you don't need 2.  I could find no comments about this in the instructions. 

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

No, you don't need both probes attached for the therm to work.  I use just one all the time when I'm using my Kettle.  I have the 732 but it is still the same.  You can use two meat probes too.  I do that with turkey and when smoking two chickens.

In fact, you can use as many probes as you like if you have them labeled.  When I'm smoking on two different levels. I might have five probes in the smoker.  In mid smoke you can switch them out quickly without causing any problems.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.  Do you know if you can prevent the display from going back and forth between 1 and 2?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky