Queso Flameado Con Chorizo SMF style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
this dish is served in most texas Taquería's ... this version i came up with just for SMF.. it is simple to make and not for those wishing to watch their health..lol

2 parts shredded cheese (combine any of the following - montery jack,asadero,mozzarella or any smoked white cheese)
1 part Chorizo (can be smoked lightly)

i usually use 2 bags of the 2 cup pkgs and half a chub of chorizo

- cook chorizo - you want some of the meat to be dark almost black in color - keep draining fat off - make sure you get all of the fat

- once chorizo is fully cooked - put it into the bottom of a small glass baking dish - something like a small loaf pan

- put shredded cheese on top that

- bake at 350 until the top is bubbling and the outside of the dish is starting to brown

- serve hot

- to eat this, you simply spoon all that greasy goodness into a warm flour tortilla and maybe serve with some mexican pickled vegetables. works well with roasted garlic as well..

"Queso Flameado Con Chorizo"

Yeah, what Teacup said
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Boy, this looks good, gonna try it for sure.

i got introduced to this dish in Houston,TX some years ago by my brother... i modified it for SMF

i make it at home and the missus says it tastes just like the stuff at the taqueria

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky