Quarantine Cookies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Last night I was craving something sweet, cole slaw for dessert the last month had worn itself out. I went into the pantry and started rummaging around and all I could find was a bag of white chocolate chips, that'd have to do. I never made any cookies before in my life, but I read the back of the package and figured I could throw something together that would fill the bill. I had flour, sugar, salt, and butter and would need to make a few substitutions. I didn't have time for the butter to soften so I just threw it into the microwave, then mixed it up with some brown and white sugar, added the flour and salt. I couldn't find vanilla extract so I substituted maple syrup, no macadamia nuts but we had cashews and mixed nuts. I had cut the recipe in half which said it would make 30 cookies. I had the oven pre-heated to 350º and baked two sheets of eight cookies for 12 minutes each. What I ended up with certainly wasn't White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, but the house smelled great, a nice change from cole slaw. RAY
DSCN1677.JPG

Looks good to me . Daughter got to the mixer first yesterday ( so no buns ) she made gooey butter cake , and some cookies .
Love the white chocolate chips in cookies . Any kind of nut . I'd be all over those cookies .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks good to me . Daughter got to the mixer first yesterday ( so no buns ) she made gooey butter cake , and some cookies .Love the white chocolate chips in cookies . Any kind of nut . I'd be all over those cookies .

I guess I'm kind of lucky there Rich, my wife Jan and I have entirely different methods of cooking things, and she doesn't cook much anyway. Thanks for the LIke, much appreciated. RAY

Looks pretty darn good for a first attempt and substitutions Ray! LIKE! John

I was catching quite a bit of flack from She Who Makes Brownies over the maple sugar, Jan hates the stuff, doesn't like strawberry jam or honey either, weirdo! Thank for the Like John! RAY

they look good to me, I would take cashews over macadamia's any time

Me too, I love cashews! Thanks for the Like Jim, I appreciate it. RAY

Looks great Ray! Love white chocolate

They tasted far better than they looked John, regardless of what my onlooking baking critic had to say. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

I would eat about a 1/2 dozen of them.

Close enough, I ate five. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Wow Ray. Great way to improvise and still turn out some fantastic stuff!! Excellent job making sue with what you have. I bet those cookies were pretty darned good!!

Pouring a glass of milk,
Robert

They look great!! I’m a big fan of rolling with the punches using on hand items. Even more these days!! I’ll bet they were damn good.

YUM YUMMMMM ... I keep a mug in the freezer .. One would think it would be for beer... but hell... you use it one time and it's done.. who only drinks one beer... So I use every night for my milk (and cookies) instead... OMG.. Ice cold milk with a little slush in it... about to wet my pants thinking about it.. LOL...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky