Quality Cutlery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scootermagoo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Algoma, WI
A few weeks ago, a SMF member had a high quality Japanese knife for sale. Apparently, it was a real steal at 200 bucks. I did some research into these knives and they are really something to see. Fantastic craftsmanship and so cool to look at. After further review, my knives at home really blow. Are there any affordable options for high quality cutlery? I don't really want to spend 5-6-7 hundred on one knife.

I'm familiar with Global, and they are great, affordable work horse knives. 

Another good quality company is CUTCO, made in the US.  I have several and they are great for everyday use.

Good luck in your search for knives.

Does anybody have an opinion on ceramic knives, like Kyocera brand?
I love them,(I own several of them) and the peeler too. Plus it has life warranty and I used that warranty already. They sharpen them for you too. But never cut cheese or fudge, with them. Im going to keep buying from them until I have a complete set of them. They make an adjuster slicer, which is really sharp. The roomate cut the top of her finger off using it. Told her to use the guard, but she didnt.

icon_redface.gif
 She is now behaving when using the slicer. I used Kyocera. Funny thing she warned me about using them,(be care with them theyre sharp) she works for Kyocera.  She Says that everyone she know been cut at least once. Well I never been cut using them.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky