Put heat gasket on new pellet grill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokepuppet

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Springfield, Mo
Is a gasket necessary to contain smoke better in my new CampChef DLX Pro? Seems to leak quite a bit of smoke around the lid closure when it gets going...

Thanks for any input!!

Reactions: kruizer
I put this on my RT 590
20200216_123242.jpg

to avoid this again
20200204_134836.jpg

It won't help the performance one bit, think about it, what difference does it make if the smoke leaves through the stack or from the door. The units are under constant positive pressure so trying to hold heat in the cooking chamber like most other smokers do doesn't make any sense at all, they leak from every opening on them.

I sealed mine two years ago and now the gaskets are getting old and tired and of course leaky and I don't notice any difference on how the cooker runs or any difference in the cooked meat.

The units are under constant positive pressure so trying to hold heat in the cooking chamber like most other smokers do doesn't make any sense at all, they leak from every opening on them.
Second this! Rec Tec, Mak, etc. no manufacturer does this. Rec Tec discourages it. I wouldnt bother.
But its been debated many times here and on the Rec Tec forum. Personal preference I suppose. I wonder about overburdening the fan tho...

I just use mine, it looks used, smoke stains and all. Its "seasoned".

Reactions: smokepuppet
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky