Purchasing Demo Big Green Egg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jake Harris

Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Athens, AL
Below is a link where you can buy a demo big green egg from the annual EGGtoberfest. For $795 you get a large BGE with all the bells and whistles which will save you hundreds of dollars over buying this package individually at full retail price. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone that might be interested in purchasing a kamado in the future.

https://biggreenegg.com/eggtoberfest-tickets/

You’re about to find out the BGE
Cost is a drop in the bucket. The money you are about to spend on lump charcoal will far outweighed the initial cost of entry. You also find out it is sooooo worth as taste an quality are superior to other heat sources.

I’m closing in on 9,000lbs through my BGE’s and Logde habachi in less than a decade.
Meat or charcoal?

Reactions: Walchit
Meat is incidental. Breads, pies cakes, vegtables, baking, deep frying, cold/hot smoking, grilling, searing, tandoori, soups/stews low and slow, warming and lots more are all possible with ceramic cookers
So then 9000lbs of coal...that's 17+ lb a week. You get busy!

You’re about to find out the BGE
Cost is a drop in the bucket. The money you are about to spend on lump charcoal will far outweighed the initial cost of entry. You also find out it is sooooo worth as taste an quality are superior to other heat sources.

I’m closing in on 9,000lbs through my BGE’s and Logde habachi in less than a decade.
I am sold on lump charcoal as well. My father in law always swore by charcoal. I switched to a kamado 2 years ago and my Holland gas grill hasn't been lit since. Pretty excited as I just picked up a really nice charcoal cabinet smoker today to replace my trust MES40. Charcoal for the win!! :)

Reactions: Walchit
Sounds like a lot up front, but will last almost literally forever. Can’t say the same for the many gassers and smokers I’ve gone thru.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky