Purchased a Royall RG 2000 Smoker for the additional headroom over the Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

savannahsmoker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Savannah, GA
Sitting next to the Traeger you can see it is much taller.

Cooking Area - 418 square inches (expandable grill grate to 1254 sq. in.).  Cooking Volume - 4584 cu. Inches with three shelves.

It has 12 inches of  head room.  Enough for one or two 16 pounds turkeys to fit upright.

Putting out a nice blue smoke

Lots of toys to choose from, why a Royal?
One,I was looking for a smoker about the same size as my Traeger Lil Tex but with more head space.

The Royall 2000 has a cooking area of 418 sq inches with head space of 12 inches.  

Because of the head space, two extra grates are optional for a total grate space of 1254 sq in and cooking volume of 4584 cubic inches.

Two, the Royall's minimal across the grate temperature variance because of their unique smoke baffle plate for enhance circulation and smoke and heat exit through the center by way of a diverter.

Three, constructed out of 14 gage boiler plate steel and made in the USA.

Four and bottom line is the price.  My wife found that Amazon.com was selling a Royall RG 2000 at less than half the price plus lift gate shipping to the door.

Overall I am very please with unit for smoking, smoke/roasting and roasting.  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky