1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pumpkin Seeds

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by woodcutter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Does anyone have a good recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds?

2. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those are sooo cute and the other little pumpkin too.

What I do is turn on the oven to about 250*-275.....(350* is too hot...trust me...burned some)

You can use a little melted butter or oil (to coat)

salt (I used Lawrey's)

garlic or onion powder

any other seasoning you want.

Let them cook for about 45 minutes to and hour.  But stir them about every 15 minutes.

Let them cool...and keep in a air tight bag or container.

Kat

3. Anyone tried smoking these? I have some q mats to try.

4. Like Kat said. I also sometimes soak them is a salt water mix over nite. Never tryed smoking them It sounds good.

Happy smoken.

David

5. woodcutter

I haven't had them in years so I called my mother as well as asking here and it was Lawrey's that she used to use. I'll give it a try today (in the smoker). Thanks everyone!

6. fritzmonroe

fritzmonroe Smoke Blower

Just bumping this to see how these turned out.

I roasted some this Fall and hung onto some to roast later in the year.  Now that I've got a working smoker, I want to try these but only if they turned out.

7. woodcutter

I did not end up making them. I bought some Q matts now and will try again next year.