Pulled tri tip?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BlevinsT

Original poster
Oct 18, 2022
Has anyone smoked/slow cooked a tri tip until it will pull apart? I want to make tri tip enchiladas this way but have only smoked them to the medium rare stage.

Several SMF members smoke their tri-tips like a brisket.
In addition to the link Jeff provided above, here is a thread on the forums too.

Sorry that I cannot provide any further advice or tips since I've never smoked a tri-tip like a brisket...
I just don't have the heart to do that to a tri-tip. LOL

Never to pull apart but smoke them on a regular basis. My family will not eat med rare but love the beefy flavor. Did this one last weekend.
20221016_191334.jpg

Keith

Reactions: clifish
I have never cooked beef other than brisket more than rare/medium rare but saw a YouTube video where it was done in a smoker in cast iron and filled 3/4 full with beer and beef broth so I tried it and it came out awesome. I'll post pictures of the enchiladas when they are out of the oven. Meat tastes great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky