Pulled, smoked Chuck Enchilada's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did you use regular enchilada sauce or did it have some sweet baby ray's in it too?  I just had a burrito that had bbq sauce in it instead of salsa and was blown away at how good it was.

Did you use regular enchilada sauce or did it have some sweet baby ray's in it too?  I just had a burrito that had bbq sauce in it instead of salsa and was blown away at how good it was.
This is the second time I have used this sauce recipe and it will be the last.  It's not terrible but there is a lot of room for improvement.  No BBQ sauce in it. 

Did your burrito have BBQ sauce instead of any kind of red Mexican sauce?

Tasty Looking Meal Well Done !!   
points1.png

Gary

Hey , No Problem Well Deserved .  I'll tell you how much inspired me, I took the rest of my brisket, chopped it up added the seasoning for either Enchiladas or Taco's, your's just looked too good

Gary

Hey , No Problem Well Deserved .  I'll tell you how much inspired me, I took the rest of my brisket, chopped it up added the seasoning for either Enchiladas or Taco's, your's just looked too good

Gary
Now my hat is getting tight. 
icon_biggrin.gif
  I take that as pretty high praise.

Hope yours turns out as good as mine did.

It all looks great! I keep going back to look at the beans LOL!
Isn't it funny that chuck used to be the cheaper stuff you could throw in a crock pot with some potatoes and carrots and onions and have an inexpensive wholesome meal? Now we're deciding between chuck and brisket...
To be honest, I actually prefer smoking a chuckie over a brisket now.

:points:

As a slight aside to the conversation, do you find you can get TBS out of a WSM doing low and slow?
I am happy with the amount of smoke I can get with the  WSM.  I like a pretty strong smoke flavor but have not had any complaints, so far, form other folks who have shared my smoked meals.

I use chunks, (Generally Hickory),  and usually spread  half dozen or so chunks fairly close to the center of my charcoal load,  (Minion method), so that the wood is consumed during the early part of the smoke.

I put a layer of briquettes in the fire ring, then add a few chunks of wood, more briquettes then more wood.  2 or three repetitions of this is plenty of wood.

Here are a few pictures.

(I pull the "can" out with a pair of pliers after I dump the lit briquettes into it).

As to the thin blue smoke;  I haven't tried to take a picture of that.  Most of the pictures I have were taken pretty early on in the smoke and show fairly large billows of smoke.  (Before the smoker settles in), but here are a couple which may show what you are looking for.

Sorry that my TBS pictures aren't better than they are.

It all looks great! I keep going back to look at the beans LOL!
Isn't it funny that chuck used to be the cheaper stuff you could throw in a crock pot with some potatoes and carrots and onions and have an inexpensive wholesome meal? Now we're deciding between chuck and brisket...
To be honest, I actually prefer smoking a chuckie over a brisket now.

points.gif
Thanks for the favorable comments and the point Mose.

I have a far more involved smoked bean recipe that I will get around to post someday, but these weren't at all bad for a "last minute decision".  They would have been much better if I had just thought about doing them with the chuck early enough to add some bacon or some of the Spare rib trimmings that I have saved and frozen from past rib smokes.

This is the first time I have smoked beans under beef.  It may not be quite as good as beans under pork but they were perfectly edible.

I can't think of a down side to smoking beans under meat.

Give her a shot. 
icon14.gif

It seems to me that the dire reports of rising beef prices that were all over the news, during the worst of the Texas drought,  have come true.  I pray that things eventually turn back around,  bit it's likely to become like gasoline prices;  They may drop a few cent's from time to time, (Throwing us a bone), but the general trend is up.

Hi OEJ. It's quite hard to tell from the pics, but the first one looks like it has a blue tinge near the door. What's your feeling? Would you say it's TBS? Just asking out of interest, I only have a UDS.

Hi OEJ. It's quite hard to tell from the pics, but the first one looks like it has a blue tinge near the door. What's your feeling? Would you say it's TBS? Just asking out of interest, I only have a UDS.
I think that that was a bit of a tough lighting situation to photograph in.  The smoke from the WSM always shows some blue,  (Once the smoker settles down),   but as I mentioned, I haven't actually tried to get a good picture of it.

That particular picture was still in the early "settling in" part of the smoke and so is still a little thick to be TBS. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky