Pulled Pork Wontons

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Pulled Pork Wontons

20210722_132223.jpg

Some leftover pulled pork, chopped up, some cheddar cheese, some green onions, some Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce and some wonton wrappers along with an egg wash made from 1 egg and a tablespoon of water.

20210722_125612.jpg

The process:

1 wonton wrapper.
Add one teaspoon of the pulled pork mixture.

20210722_130409.jpg

Use finger to apply egg wash to all four sides of wonton wrapper.
Fold into a triangle. Make sure all air is removed and edges are sealed.
Take the two bottom ends of the triangle and wrap then together using another dab of egg wash if needed.

Deep fried at 350F for 4 minutes.

20210722_130404.jpg

Plated with some Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce.

20210722_132216.jpg

Very nice kilo
that is the perfect way to wrap. And great that you show all the steps in one picture. Great help.

Fantastic looking Wonton's and the cherry chipotle bbq sauce I bet is great with them.

Big thumbs up

David

Thank you!
The sauce is perfect! It's inside and makes the best dipping sauce too!
The steps are simple but it's hard to explain without the picture so it just made sense to try and show all that!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wish I had of seen your recipe for the BBQ sauce before I made all my jam

Now I will have to buy some store bought cherry's

David

Reactions: kilo charlie
Nice, charlie!
We have a couple of the Mrs' kids coming in this weekend from Kansas and Kentucky and she wants me to do a wok cook on the Santa Maria grill.
I don't know why this wouldn't work in a wok. No problem finding the won ton wraps in my part of town.
Thanks for the idea!
It's supposed to be in the 90s but I'll just have to deal with it.....

Reactions: kilo charlie
Nice, charlie!
We have a couple of the Mrs' kids coming in this weekend from Kansas and Kentucky and she wants me to do a wok cook on the Santa Maria grill.
I don't know why this wouldn't work in a wok. No problem finding the won ton wraps in my part of town.
Thanks for the idea!
It's supposed to be in the 90s but I'll just have to deal with it.....

Thank you!

They would totally work in the wok.. just don't over crowd the wok .. maybe do a couple of test ones to see the timing of them and put them on a wire rack in a sheet pan to keep them crispy while doing the other batches.

Let me know how it works out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky