Pulled pork won't come up to temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mattyoc20

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Dresher PA
I have had a pork butt on since 6am. Pork Temp got up to 190 so I took the foil off to try and get a bark on it. My temp has now dropped to 181? What's the deal? I am suppose to be eating in an hour? Running the smoker between 225-250. I can't wait another 3 hours to eat. Can anyone give me any insight as to wahat is going on?

When you removed the foil...A whole bunch of moisture evaporated and cooled the meat, dropping the IT. Don't sweat the IT. When it is probe tender, probe slides in little to no resistance and/or the bone slides out easily, it is done, regardless of IT. Rest on counter until you can handle it and pull it. Worst case you are ready to eat. pull what you can and Chop the rest. When reheating, they will break down more...JJ

When you removed the foil...A whole bunch of moisture evaporated and cooled the meat, dropping the IT. Don't sweat the IT. When it is probe tender, probe slides in little to no resistance and/or the bone slides out easily, it is done, regardless of IT. Rest on counter until you can handle it and pull it. Worst case you are ready to eat. pull what you can and Chop the rest. When reheating, they will break down more...JJ
Ahhhh, true wisdom. 

Great to hear!
icon14.gif
,,,JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky