Pulled Pork Loin "Pic Heavy"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
Alright here’s another pulled pork loin that I did. I made an injection of beef broth, habanero sauce garlic and onion powder and some sea salt. Injecting in the cryovac works out great, just wash it first before injecting. I made the injection the day before put it in the fridge to get cold and strained it first before injecting then let the loin sit overnight. I smoked it till 165* with hickory chunks that were soaked overnight and then panned it till 205*. There not quite as tender as a butt or shoulder but still darn delicious. I used the juices a as finish sauce since it’s pretty much fat free. I can’t figure out why I didn’t get a noticeable smoke ring like I normally do but it was just as smokey, go figure. There’s a shot of some homemade bacon for breakfast also. 

43d33b7a_1.jpg

bd0cb3ac_2.jpg

52aa5460_3.jpg

20a7af12_4.jpg

e4188679_5.jpg

1d3d02c5_6.jpg

6123cfac_7.jpg

6c3f08c9_bacon.jpg

Looks delicious! I have to try injecting through the cryovac. I always spray liquid all over the place.

Great pics, and I really like the flavors you used in the injection. That sure sounds tasty. Congrats on a great smoke. It's all good my friend.

Great Job Meateater!!!

Looks mighty tasty!

What did you throw the Bacon picture in there for---just to tease me???  
drool.gif

The fact that you're wondering where your smoke ring is, proves that electric cord to your smoker is a phony!   I'm tellin'!   
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Bear

I've never pulled a loin, I might have to try that.  If the meat tastes right, who cares about the stupid smoke ring?

Good luck and good smoking.

Looks great meateater!

I'll have to try that. I find great deals on whole loins all the time but I have never pulled one. I can't find a deal on a butt around here to save my butt.

Thanks everyone. Bear I had the bacon going for breakfast and the camera right there so why not toss in a bonus pic. 
icon_mrgreen.gif
 Next time I'll wrap the loin with bacon. 

That patio is getting a good workout. How you doin with the smoke police? Great looking smoke

LOL----Is there an outlet there, or is the end of that cord just hidden behind that plywood cabinet?  
biggrin.gif

Bear

I've been thinking about a cord from my charcoal smoker 
rolleyes.gif
, but my luck I'd get busted. I have to run a cord out the patio door to fire it up. I'm getting used to this drum, set it and forget it. 
icon14.gif

Pork loins will shred fine if coked to the right temp but is a bit dryer so you need to serve it wet, with a barbecue sauce or something.

I do a pulled pork loin during guys weekend camping at Killen's pond.

Rub the loin the night before, I slice a large onion about 1/2 thick slices, line the bottom of a crock pot with the onion slices, place the loin on the onions, slow cook all day, then toss the onions and juice, shred then add a few cups of Barbecue sauce.

848448f2_20101117035.jpg

This works out great, I throw this on right after breakfast, we go hiking, geocaching, fishing or whatever, dinner time its ready.

I feed the guys well.

c25b8cd5_20101117048.jpg

24dbb9e1_20101117050.jpg

01a238f1_20101117066.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky