Pulled Pork Loin "Pic Heavy"

Discussion in 'Pork' started by meateater, May 15, 2011.

1. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Alright here’s another pulled pork loin that I did. I made an injection of beef broth, habanero sauce garlic and onion powder and some sea salt. Injecting in the cryovac works out great, just wash it first before injecting. I made the injection the day before put it in the fridge to get cold and strained it first before injecting then let the loin sit overnight. I smoked it till 165* with hickory chunks that were soaked overnight and then panned it till 205*. There not quite as tender as a butt or shoulder but still darn delicious. I used the juices a as finish sauce since it’s pretty much fat free. I can’t figure out why I didn’t get a noticeable smoke ring like I normally do but it was just as smokey, go figure. There’s a shot of some homemade bacon for breakfast also. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks delicious! I have to try injecting through the cryovac. I always spray liquid all over the place.

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great pics, and I really like the flavors you used in the injection. That sure sounds tasty. Congrats on a great smoke. It's all good my friend.

4. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Job Meateater!!!

Looks mighty tasty!

What did you throw the Bacon picture in there for---just to tease me???  [​IMG]

The fact that you're wondering where your smoke ring is, proves that electric cord to your smoker is a phony!   I'm tellin'!   [​IMG]

Thanks,

Bear

5. That looks great meaty man. I've never seen anyone do that with loin before. I'm diggin the good ole spicy injection! [​IMG]

6. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looking good, thanks for sharing

7. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I've never pulled a loin, I might have to try that.  If the meat tastes right, who cares about the stupid smoke ring?

Good luck and good smoking.

8. Looks great meateater!

I'll have to try that. I find great deals on whole loins all the time but I have never pulled one. I can't find a deal on a butt around here to save my butt.

9. meateater

Thanks everyone. Bear I had the bacon going for breakfast and the camera right there so why not toss in a bonus pic. [​IMG]  Next time I'll wrap the loin with bacon. 

10. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I would think it would be more "chunky" style that like a pulled "shredded" meat. At any rate, it sure looks tasty.

11. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great meateater! Nice Job...

12. nwdave

nwdave Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Oh great........another project.............and then he does the bacon tease to boot!!!!![​IMG]

13. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Great chow!!

Craig

14. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That patio is getting a good workout. How you doin with the smoke police? Great looking smoke

15. bearcarver

LOL----Is there an outlet there, or is the end of that cord just hidden behind that plywood cabinet?  [​IMG]

Bear

16. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks good from here...bet the neighbors were jealous..

17. meateater

I've been thinking about a cord from my charcoal smoker [​IMG], but my luck I'd get busted. I have to run a cord out the patio door to fire it up. I'm getting used to this drum, set it and forget it. [​IMG]

18. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have always wondered how a whole loin would pull apart after it was done. 

19. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Pork loins will shred fine if coked to the right temp but is a bit dryer so you need to serve it wet, with a barbecue sauce or something.

I do a pulled pork loin during guys weekend camping at Killen's pond.

Rub the loin the night before, I slice a large onion about 1/2 thick slices, line the bottom of a crock pot with the onion slices, place the loin on the onions, slow cook all day, then toss the onions and juice, shred then add a few cups of Barbecue sauce.

[​IMG]

This works out great, I throw this on right after breakfast, we go hiking, geocaching, fishing or whatever, dinner time its ready.

I feed the guys well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. bearcarver

I'll say you feed them well !!!!!!!!!!

They look pretty happy about it too!!

Bear