Pulled Pork for the Meat and Greet! --Update-- with Rib Pics! and chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aaron,

Just curious on if you always cooked at 275-300 range or just for the butts? Normally, I read it being closer to the 225-240 range.

That's a great idea about freezing them so you don't have to stress out on cooking time the day before. I'm interested on how you heat it up and if it comes out juicy still.

Everything looks great!
thank you!

Aaron,

Just curious on if you always cooked at 275-300 range or just for the butts? Normally, I read it being closer to the 225-240 range.

That's a great idea about freezing them so you don't have to stress out on cooking time the day before. I'm interested on how you heat it up and if it comes out juicy still.
I dont always cook at 275-300 but i wanted to get those big meats done quickly....i cook 250-275 most times i was just going higher for speed purposes. I did smoke them on my Lang 36 (Black Betty) as shown. the ribs also go hot at around 300 degrees and done in 3.5 hours. the chicekn i cooked at about 280-300 to get he skin cispy.

As for the reheat i will boil in the vac packs and then put in a steam table half pan with a cup of apple juice and a TBS of ac vinegar and a 1/4 cup of water to have moisture while i hold them in the oven covered in foil. i will thaw completely and then reheat starting 2 hours before serving since i have so much and throw into a warm oven (250 degrees) there are two ovens at the church.

Happy Smoking (Catering!),
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky