Pulled Pork Buttox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Aspen Valley
I finally got around to making some Pp with using the popular methods here of foiling at 165°F, taking it to an I.T. of 205°F and then wrapping it in my own personal bath towel (yes I smell like smoked pork everyday) and storing it in a cooler until din din time.

I was surprised to learn that you do lose about 50% in weight from start to finish. I started with a 10 1/2 lb roast and ended up with 5.1lbs of meat.

Pecan dust was used for the smoke. MES 40 temp was 225-240°F the entire time.

I used a spinoff of SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce for the first time and I was impressed. The vinegar really cuts the gamey, fatty pork taste out - basically it allows you to eat more without the flavor getting old!

Came out perfect. The best Pp I've made to date. My boiled Pp for carnitas is still #1 but they are really two different animals..

The hardest part of pulled pork is to come up with different ways to eat the leftovers.

If you haven't tried it yet, get smoking because it's a very easy process and takes very little effort and it'll be better then anything you've had from a restaurant.

Enjoy!

165°F and time to foil

Done.  This is 4 hrs later after being wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler. It was still too hot to pull by hand.

There was still unrendered fat that I just left out of the final pile of pulled pork.

Pan juices about to be placed in fridge to defat.

PP Nachos today!

Thy perfect bite

You know me.. bonus teaser Q-view below :)

Last edited:
Oh Man!  You are killing me with the gorgeous q-view!  I haven't had lunch yet!  YUMMMMM!  
drool.gif

Last edited:
I can't help but share the love, plus these phones these days make anyone look like a professional photographer.

What's everyone do with the defat pan juices? Sauces, soups, or just to reconstitute your pork? Freeze it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky