Pulled Chuck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 17, 2006
West Virginia
I have always smoked chuck roasts to slice. Thanks to the posts here I decided to take it on up a notch! I rubbed it down the night before, foiled it at about 150 degrees internal and cooked it up to 200 degrees. I let it set for about 45 minutes and when I opened the foil it was a beautiful site to behold. Pulled with ease. This will be for sammies this week. Here are some pics of the finished product.
10b2ed36_vbattach12649.jpg

6d598c75_vbattach12648.jpg

Thanks for the compliments! To answer some questions. I spread mustard over the roast, used Jeff's rub and applied it yesterday evening. This morning, just before I placed it in the smoker, I added some more rub to thicken it up a bit. Once an hour, I spritzed it with apple juice and turned it over. I like a lot of smoke and nice bark so I smoked it until I thought it looked right which turned out to be 150 degrees internal. Then I foiled it and let it get to 200 degrees before I removed it from the smoker. Total time was a little over 6 hours at a steady 225 degrees with chunks of Hickory providing the thin blue smoke. This was my first pulled Chuck but it won't be the last!

Once again I just learn something new. Now if anyone can tell me what to do with my kitchen range. The only thing I use it for now is making spaggetti sauce.

What kind of finishing sauce would you use for that? I'm thinking that the vinegar based sauce I use for NC style pulled pork wouldn't be as good on beef...

I may have missed it, But how much did that baby weight before you smoked it. I want to try that, just wondering how t gauge the weight to the time.

Thanks

DEER MEAT

Almost bought one last weekend when I couldn't find a brisket. I looked at some that were about 2 1/2 " thick. and cheaper than brisket. might be my choice this week. Did I say how great yours looked?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky