Pulled Chuck Roast (Sous Vide)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pulled Chuck Roast (Sous Vide)

This was one of those that I bought back on 1-10-21, and it was only 2.78 lbs.
I put a packet of Lipton's Mushroom & Onion on both sides of the meat, into the bags, and sealed them up, back in December.

Now it was time to turn this into some awesome Tender Pulled Beef.
So into the SV @ 165° for 30 hours. Just right for Pulling Beef.
In fact this Chucky pulled so easily, I didn’t even bother to get my Bear Claws out of the drawer. I just used two regular table forks for pulling!

I’ll fill in what we did, above each Pic below.

Thanks for stopping By,
Bear

One Chucky from 1-10-21, Vac sealed with "Mushroom & Onion Soup" Dry mix:
IMG_8238.JPG

In my rack, ready to go in Sous Vide:
IMG_8239.JPG

Removed from SV, after 30 hours @ 165°:
IMG_8240.JPG

Pulled easily with two table forks:
IMG_8242.JPG

All on one plate:
IMG_8243.JPG

I start with one slice of bread on top of some Gravy:
IMG_8244.JPG

Then a pile of Pulled Beef, more Gravy, and another slice of Bread:
IMG_8245.JPG

Then More Beef:
IMG_8246.JPG

And Topped with Gravy:
IMG_8247.JPG

Second Night's Supper---Same Thing:
IMG_8248.JPG

Let's go for the Grand Finale on the 3rd night:
IMG_8249.JPG

Add some Steak Fries & Gravy for that 3rd Night's Supper:
IMG_8250.JPG

Had a little Beef left, so the next night I threw some Beef on a couple Hot Dog Buns, with Horseradish Sauce & Provolone, and heated that up:
IMG_8254.JPG

And one more night---One more of the pulled beef Sammies & a Leftover Smoked Sausage:
IMG_8260.JPG

Last edited:
Man that looks fine. Another one thats on the list I can seem to get ahead of.

Now, all of these looks excellent. I'd have to try each one to pick the better of them, and I still don't think I'll be able to choose. Great job all around. Now I'm hungry.

Nicely done Bear.
Like. . .
Look at "chuckies" every time in store. Makes me just about gag now at $6.89/lb, as much as I like them.

Good stuff right there .
I miss chuck roast . Lol

Thank You Rich!!
Yup, When they went from $2.99 to $4.99 I quit buying them.
Then they went to $6.99 & more.
Now I wait for them to get to $4.99 for me to buy again!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I will have no fear doing this to some of the Chuckies I get pretty cheap from time to time at Aldis... ez pezy

Man that looks good
Thank You Newglide!!
Appreciate that!

Bear

Now, all of these looks excellent. I'd have to try each one to pick the better of them, and I still don't think I'll be able to choose. Great job all around. Now I'm hungry.
Thank You Mike!!
You don't have to decide---You can have some of each!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Some good eats right there John.

Point for sure
Chris

Nicely done Bear.
Like. . .
Look at "chuckies" every time in store. Makes me just about gag now at $6.89/lb, as much as I like them.
Thank You Rider!!
Yup---That's about what our current price is too

Bear

That some good looking chuckie John. I had just pulled from freezer for this also.
Thank You Brian!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very nice Bear! This is on my to do list but like you said I am not paying the current prices for a chuckie. Have you ever done pulled pork in the SV? If so what cut and time/temp? SV is great for the week nights when there is no time to do a proper smoke.

A beautiful thing to see John, a beef sanny slathered in gravy, I'd be all over that! RAY

Looks great! That is some DARK gravy!!! A few questions if you don't mind. Think applying FOS beforehand made a difference? Also, do you feel you gett better results with the high temp SV over a long crock cook? Thanks in advance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky