Pulled Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vetmp

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Newburgh (Town), New York
Hey y'all!!

It's been quite some time since I have posted here or been around. You know, with deer season going on and football and such.

Anyways, I need some advice and tips and pointers.

I am looking to possibly making pulled beef and do it right. I tried doing it before and it was a horrible mess. I would like to ask the following...

1) What cut of beef should I be using to make this happen?

2) What rub do you recommend and do you recommend a sauce either KC or Carolina?

3) What's the cook time I am looking at and what is my target IT to be good for pulling? Is it the same as pork (Which I usually take to 205)?

4) Do you recommend that I inject it and if so, what do you recommend (I do have some Cajun Injector Brand injections/marinades)?

Any advice you guys have about this and answers to my questions would be extremely helpful. I want to branch out and try something new and get away from my usual cooks.

Thanks y'all!!    
usa.gif

id do a chuck roast wit salt pepper and garlic.

smoke to a it of 195-205 then pull

sauce on the side

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky