Publix $.49 per pound Turkeys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I was at Publix today & they had Publix brand turkeys for $.49 per pound.
I couldn’t resist & bought 2. I have a ham for TG Day so the turkeys will take a nap in my freezer.
With prices going up this is a great deal if you live in the south and have a Publix near you.
Al

Great deal! Did they have a selection of sizes? Small turkeys are pretty scarce around my neighborhood.

Reactions: negolien
Great deal! Did they have a selection of sizes? Small turkeys are pretty scarce around my neighborhood.

Yes the sizes were somewhat limited, the 2 that I bought were 15 & 16 pounds. They didn’t have any small ones. But I usually buy a 20-22 pound bird, so these were perfect. It was kinda of funny, because they limited you to 2 turkeys. If you bought more than 2 the cost was $1.49 lb.
Al

I just said to the wife about getting a ham for Thanksgiving, she said they were $40.00 + for a whole ham....turkey it will be then.

• Haha
Nice!

Target had Butterball Turkeys for $0.99/lb so bought 2. People rave over Butterball but I kind of feel they are all about the same. We'll see if these Butterballs are much different.

Wife and daughter can't agree on the menu, so I'm just going to hide in the bushes and watch. :emoji_grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: bigfurmn
I bought two from Publix and they wife bought 2, then my daughter bought another. Freezer is full of Turkeys. 1 for Thanksgiving. Rest will be for later cooks. With briskets ridiculously expensive, I will be cooking other meats this year.

Reactions: ConrodM
When pricing turkeys, just make sure you're comparing apples to apples. If you want to brine it yourself, don't get a Publix 48 cents/lb. turkey that's already injected with 8% turkey broth and phosphates. You're paying for a lot of water in that Publix turkey. That said, I find them delicious and convenient and just bought one. Same with Butterball. Industrial food magic, baby! Like those amazing $5 Costco rotisserie chickens. If I were interested in organic, free-range birds that listen to NPR, I'd go elsewhere.

Butterball: .99/lb
Butterball bone-in breast: 2.99/lb
Shadow brook or Jenno O: .69/lb

Most of the whole turkeys were in the 20 - 22 lb range. I managed to find a butterball 14 lber in another freezer section.

Chris

Thats a great deal!!! I stocked up a couple myself. Our local meijer had them this week for $0.33 lb!

Reactions: Flatrate
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky