PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED TENDERLOIN WITH JALAPENO APRICOT SAUCE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Finally got out to the drum this weekend. Ive been dying to cook a full meal on the smoker and the wind was in my favor yesterday. Prosciutto wrapped tenderloin, some peach beans thanks to smokin peachey smokin peachey and some purple cabbage and bacon. Also made a quick sauce to go along with the pork.

I'll start with the beans. I pretty much followed smokin peachey smokin peachey recipe for this but added chopped bacon to the top and some additional rub
0209201449.jpg
0209201518.jpg

Then onto the cabbage. I chopped a whole head of cabbage and put in in a foil pan. Diced a 1/2 lb of bacon and fried it in a pan. Add the bacon and the bacon fat to the pan of cabbage along with a Tbls of seasoning salt. Mix it all up to get the cabbage coated well.
0209201542a_HDR.jpg

Now for the sauce. This is real simple. I used about a half jar of apricot preserves with equal amount of water to a pan. Then I added some of my home canned sweet jalapenos.(these things are like candy!) About 2Tbls minced. And about 3 -Tbls Apple cider vinegar. Bring it all to a simmer until it gets to the thickness you like.
0209201653a.jpg
0209201831.jpg

And now the tenderloins. It was a two pack so I went ahead and did both. One I did in a java chop house seasoning to save for later this week. The other one for dinner I seasoned very lightly with salt and then black pepper and wrapped in the prosciutto. I knew the prosciutto would be salty so thats why I kept the salt light when seasoning.
0209201519.jpg
0209201819.jpg
0209201847.jpg

Beans and cabbage out of the smoker. They smell amazing!
0209201856a_HDR.jpg
0209201952b.jpg

Loin is looking good!
0209202002.jpg

Ended up going a little over my target temp but still came out real good. Let it rest and then sliced up.
0209202217a.jpg
0209202219.jpg

Then plated up. Here are some close-up shots of the beans and cabbage
0209202224b.jpg
0209202224d.jpg

And the whole plate with the jalapeno apricot sauce drizzled on the pork.
0209202225.jpg

This was a great meal! I ended up going back for more sauce. That stuff is amazing and really complemented the prosciutto on the pork. The beans are spot on. If you have never tried them check them out! The cabbage and bacon tasted great and really took on some smoke flavor. Also the dark purple just looked nice on the plate. I was real pleased with the turn out of all of it. Thanks for taking a look!

Nice job Travis! It looks like perfection on a plate. Very colorful too.

I’ll take 2 plates please!

Great looking plate. Did the Prosciutto flavor come through with the smoke and rub?...JJ

Everything looks great. I am glad you enjoyed the beans.
With my wife’s food allergies I might have to give that cabbage recipe a try. I think I might be able to make it into something she would enjoy.

Reactions: snakester
It all looks good! But gotta say that loin looks perfect, nice and juicy.

Good job
Ryan

Looks Great you tit a Home Run for sure, Had to tasty

Nice !!

Gary

WOW! Fantastic looking plate!!!
Thanks we enjoyed it!
Nice job Travis! It looks like perfection on a plate. Very colorful too.

I’ll take 2 plates please!
Thanks xray! When I read that it reminded me of a funny story. I made some bacon sandwiches for brekfast a while back and asked my son Ryder ..hows your bacon buddy?? His exact words..." Dad ....it's like freedom on a plate" lol! I just about died laughing!
that's a delicious looking meal.
Thanks! It was all delicious!
Great looking plate. Did the Prosciutto flavor come through with the smoke and rub?...JJ
Thanks jj! Yes it did come through. Keep in mind though the tenderloins were on for a very short time because they cook so fast. Only a slight hint if smoke on it. And as far as the rub goes the only thing I used was a small amount of salt and some black pepper under the prosciutto on the wrapped one. The fruitiness from the sauce went well with the prosciutto but honestly that sauce would go good on one without the prosciutto as well

Reactions: xray
Awesome plate and a nice write up.

Warren
Thanks Warren! Appreciate that.
Everything looks great. I am glad you enjoyed the beans.
With my wife’s food allergies I might have to give that cabbage recipe a try. I think I might be able to make it into something she would enjoy.
Thanks! The beans were great! I may add a little diced pablano next time or jalapenos depending on the crowd but the peaches really make them. The cabbage is great stuff and its easy to add in other flavors to it. I will say that it does take on a lot of smoke but I like it that way.
It all looks good! But gotta say that loin looks perfect, nice and juicy.

Good job
Ryan
Thanks Ryan ! It was pretty juicy even after going over my target temp. Everything tasted great!
Looks Great you tit a Home Run for sure, Had to tasty

Nice !!

Gary
Thanks Gary ! We really enjoyed this meal. Its been a while since I could do a full meal on the smoker. I'm glad this is what I picked to do.

Nice work , pork looks fantastic , but I love those beans . I do them alot , and you're right the peaches really add to it .

Nice work , pork looks fantastic , but I love those beans . I do them alot , and you're right the peaches really add to it .
Thanks chop! These beans ..or at least a variation of them will be a go to for me now. They are awesome!

Reactions: chopsaw
Man you just knocked that meal out of the park!! Love the cabbage and bacon for sure, the prosciutto wrapped look I’m sure was phenomenal and Peacheys beans have quite the reputation. LOVE candies jalapeños. I make bread and butter jalapeños using sugar substitute in the summer. Love them. Something about hot and sweet together is money.

Man you just knocked that meal out of the park!! Love the cabbage and bacon for sure, the prosciutto wrapped look I’m sure was phenomenal and Peacheys beans have quite the reputation. LOVE candies jalapeños. I make bread and butter jalapeños using sugar substitute in the summer. Love them. Something about hot and sweet together is money.
Thanks jcam! Thats exactly what mine are. Bread and butter jalapenos. I cant stop eating them. Been making them for the last few years. My favorite way to use them is in smoked deviled eggs. Cold smoke the eggs for a few hr. Then proceed as normal. I just make a relish with the jalapenos instead of using pickle relish and then use a nice rub to garnish the top instead of the traditional paprika. And half of them I usually top with a slice of the jalapeno as well. Man I could eat a dozen of those things! I should do a thred on them some time. They are to die for!

Thanks jcam! Thats exactly what mine are. Bread and butter jalapenos. I cant stop eating them. Been making them for the last few years. My favorite way to use them is in smoked deviled eggs. Cold smoke the eggs for a few hr. Then proceed as normal. I just make a relish with the jalapenos instead of using pickle relish and then use a nice rub to garnish the top instead of the traditional paprika. And half of them I usually top with a slice of the jalapeno as well. Man I could eat a dozen of those things! I should do a thred on them some time. They are to die for!
That would be a great thread!

Boy howdy Travis, that plate looks to be a work of art! I'm really inspired to try those beans, I can tell right off that's something I'd love to eat. Like, RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky