Propane to gas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leov

Original poster
May 3, 2014
Hey folks. So did my first smoke last weekend. Came out better than anticipated with all the ups n downs I had with controlling temperature. Thanks to all who helped out. Now I need to know If anyone out there can help with this question?
Smoke hollow 4-1
I want to turn the propane portion into gas. I have a gas line That was hooked up to the old weber grill. I understand about the conversion pieces. I plan on taking them off the weber. But do I need a regulator? I don't recall seeing one under the weber and with the smoke hollow grill, the regulator was part of the hose for the propane tank. If I replace the orifices and the hose connecting brass fitting with the ones off the weber, will it suffice. I do not know if the weber was modified back then or was it originally built for gas versus propane. I see online conversion kits. Some contain a regulator some do not. I did contact manufacturer and they do NOT have a conversion kit as they never had their units tested for gas. Overall it seems like I can convert this baby, but uncertain about this regulator part of the puzzle. Anyone with any info they can shed would be greatly appreciated. Not one to play with gas, spoke with our plumber and he felt the switching of the nibs shouldn't be of any danger to me.
Any thoughts?

welcome1.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm not sure since I am a stick burner, might ask the person down at your local propane dealer.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky