Propane issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotch23

Original poster
Aug 31, 2018
I have a Smoke Hollow propane smoker that I have been using for about 4 months. Today I noticed flame coming from an area that concerns me as it is right behind the temperature control and ignition panel. The the circle in the attached photo shows where the flame is coming from. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks.
propane pic.jpg

The circled area I believe is where the air comes in through the mesh to mix with propane then the fuel/air mixture travels to the burner. There may be spider webbing/dead insect/debris blocking the inside tube. Flame should only come out the burner holes.

Doc is spot on. propane will only come out there if the tube/burner is obstucted. Typically a spider web or the like. A good blast from an air compressor or maybe even from the water hose will usually clear the obstruction.

Thank you both for your response. I did take it apart again and cleaned out the tube. I didn't get anything to come out but I may have pushed it to the chamber where it burned up. Everything seems to be working correctly now. Smoking plans are back on (under a careful watch)! Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky