• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Propane burner smokehouse w/ yellow flame

Rjn500

Joined Jun 24, 2019
My smokehouse heats nicely but it’s producing soot.
Opened my Venturi no change
Is it possible that the not enough oxygen for a blue flame?
On a 35000btu burner, is Venturi gettin enough oxygen with a 4x8 registrar intake vent

Any help would be appreciated

Note: my heat diffuser has 1/2” holes ever 2 inches ( not shown in front pic

Attachments

drdon

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 20, 2012
Can't help you there, but I wanted to let you know that's a nice looking setup you have there.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Have you used this burner with no problems before?
If so then a good cleaning is in order.

Warren

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Just a quick look at your build ans I want to know where your low air intake is into the smoker? and how big is it? From the looks of it there isn't any. A propane smoker/house needs a good air intake down low.

For the size of burner that you are using and the small smoker size you're going to need a good amount of intake air.

You say that your heat diffuser has holes but I cannot see any intakes below your burner.

I wouldn't use this until you get a good air intake below the burner.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I would change out the burner... This one has 3 separate controls for the 3 rings...
That burner is too big... Too many BTU's...
propane burner.jpg

Burner

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.