Proofer smoker conversion w/Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It works great I get about an hour of smoke using hickory chunks,  They make a jumbo shaker that I might buy in the future to go a little longer between fillings but this isnt bad just gives me another reason to drink more beer...

I've done about 120 lbs of sausage in it so far and a few batches of jerky, Works awesome the only thing I might do is upgrade the heating element to 220v for some faster cooking times usually takes about 8 hours or more for a batch of summer sausage
I was wondering if you have done anything else like ham ect   does the recirculating air dry the meat out?

I also have a proofer and am in the process of building a smoke generator like yours "awesome idea " mine is 1500 watts I'm curious about temperates does yours produce high enough , seems to me that these proofers are ideal you can dehydrate foods smoke hot and cold.

I got mine up to 220 degrees before i maxed out my thermometer.

is that 1/2 or 3/4 inch pipe on your generator?  can you take it apart some and show us how you built it.  Looks great.

I havent tried any hams but it doesnt seem to dry stuff out too much you can always cover the air inlet on the fan a reduce the circulating air if it becomes an issue.     

the smoke generator pipe is 3/4" pipe...  I cut out a hole in the bottom of the shaker and threaded it onto a stub 3/4" pipe into the T connector then ran a longer piece of threaded 3/4" pipe into the smoker and bolted a floor flange to the inside to thread it into.  Really simple took me about 10 minutes to build

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky