Problems with posting ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

n4ynu

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
Central Virginia
Not sure why, but I have spent 3 hours trying to make a post with links, and every time I do, when I get t the end it goes blank and the draft function is not working so I have to do it all over and over and over, I give up guys, I am sorry but this site is so buggy from all the cookies and mess it is just freaking out, I have a killer machine, do not have any issues like this on any other site, so many videos and adds it is freezing up constantly, and this does not happen on FB or any high end games, like now, freezing up every 10 secs for 15 seconds.........................
Will try clearing the Flash Cache and try again some other time I guess

Sorry

Guy

It's must be something on your end software wise. I'm having no problems posting off an iPad.
Which is a lot less than your gaming puter.
Hope you figure it out.

Not sure why, but I have spent 3 hours trying to make a post with links, and every time I do, when I get t the end it goes blank and the draft function is not working so I have to do it all over and over and over, I give up guys, I am sorry but this site is so buggy from all the cookies and mess it is just freaking out, I have a killer machine, do not have any issues like this on any other site, so many videos and adds it is freezing up constantly, and this does not happen on FB or any high end games, like now, freezing up every 10 secs for 15 seconds.........................
Will try clearing the Flash Cache and try again some other time I guess

Sorry

Guy
Got the post up but still kinda laggy, and search engines are hitting this page like an automatic weapon, anyway I found the issue with the page going back and messing me up, it would seem that one of the times I disabled my firewall that the windows firewall came on and was running in tandem with my protection suite, got that straight and cleared the cache on the Flash and that seemed to get all of it but the lag spikes from the search engines doing a drive by on the page are still there but at least I can finish the post now  :)

But it is all good, if admin sees this please feel free to delete it
I think the add/cookie traffic is high and this lag issue is a site issue but it is bearable, if someone does read this, is there a way to sidestep the adds here ?????  If so I may spring to do it, Thx 

Guy

Last edited:
It's must be something on your end software wise. I'm having no problems posting off an iPad.
Which is a lot less than your gaming puter.
Hope you figure it out.
Just this site out of 20 tabs I keep open and many more I visit, that would be like winning the lotto, it is something else going on, I can see the search engines pounding the page every time I have the lag issue, I mean literally like an automatic weapon, I run a pretty tight machine here as well, so it may be a process being blocked that is just re-trying repeatedly, but then that is why I run a tight machine, so I do not have all those invasions happening, I will try and see if I cannot solve the issue, it could be a Flash issue, I will have to make sure it is updating after I disabled my windows firewall.

Guy

For $15 a Year, you can be a Premier Member and Disable the Adds and pop-ups. Saves a lot of aggravation...JJ

For $15 a Year, you can be a Premier Member and Disable the Adds and pop-ups. Saves a lot of aggravation...JJ
 JJ !

I have looked for that option but have not found it yet, can you steer me into the maze of menu options to find it please sir ?

Guy

JJ,

Did a search for it (Premier Member) and found it, hope this helps, it is the video adds that were causing it mostly from what I have figured from last night, went ahead and joined, was interested in doing so anyway to help support the Forum seeing it is supporting me in my venture  :)
Thanks for telling me about that, the title of the membership helped me search and find :)
$15 bucks for a year is not a bad deal considering all the help I have already gotten from all of you great guys and gals  :)................................not to mention the continuing help I will be getting !   Thanks Again JJ !

Thankyou Sir,

Guy

Last edited:
Ok, got the Membership thanks to JJ and then went into my preferences and cut off the advertising, wow, my SMF Tab is peaceful now, the lag spikes are gone !

And the best part of all of that is I am helping SMF and giving back just a little of what I am getting here in knowledge, so I do not mind spending $15 a year for that, the benefit of getting rid of the adds is worth it alone, what we all get here would cost far more than that anywhere else in the world, Love this Forum !

You are the man JJ, Thanks again sir for the tip, I knew it had to be there and you found me on the side of the road and stopped and helped me, you are wonderful sir  :)

Guy

Wow! Thanks and you are welcome...JJ

And JJ rides in to save the day again!
Thanks for the reminder. My year is up in August...
I see you have something different than "Premier Member" as your Title, I lost my FireStarter Title, is there a way to change that to what I have or have qualified as ?
I will go and check the options again, that the sad part of having a electric smoker, no starting fires (weeping), good thing will be, I will not be sweating like I do over that barrel grill with the side burner on it  :)

Guy

I see you have something different than "Premier Member" as your Title, I lost my FireStarter Title, is there a way to change that to what I have or have qualified as ?

I will go and check the options again, that the sad part of having a electric smoker, no starting fires (weeping), good thing will be, I will not be sweating like I do over that barrel grill with the side burner on it  :)

Guy
I just noticed one day a few weeks ago that I was no longer a Smoking Fanatic but a Master of the Pit. I don't consider myself a Master of the Pit any more than I considered myself a Smoking Fanatic. Apparently it's all about how much you post. I guess it's just fun, kind of like points...

I just noticed one day a few weeks ago that I was no longer a Smoking Fanatic but a Master of the Pit. I don't consider myself a Master of the Pit any more than I considered myself a Smoking Fanatic. Apparently it's all about how much you post. I guess it's just fun, kind of like points...

Yes as you post more your title will change. The exception to that is the Moderators, and the OTBS members.

And JJ rides in to save the day again!
Thanks for the reminder. My year is up in August...

Guy

Yes as you post more your title will change. The exception to that is the Moderators, and the OTBS members.
DS,

Well my question was when I paid to become a "Premier Member" , I was a "FireStarter", but after becoming a "Premier Member" it changed to "Premier Member", I was just wondering if there was an option to change it back, you know, choose either or, was just curious if someone had a explanation for that, or if it is like you say maybe it will change again, I would rather be a supporter yet not be separated from my wonderful title of "Fire Starter", except now in relation to the MES 30, no fire, so I would be a "Pellet Burner" hehehe.
Not a big thing, was just curious, I scoured the preferences, profile and account menus and did not see a option to choose, so pretty sure cannot do that, or maybe not yet  :)

Guy
I just wanted to keep my progression normal instead of having it change because I paid to support the forum, just figured maybe there was a menu somewhere we could change it maybe, maybe in the future 
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

As far as I know and have seen, unless you are a Moderator, or an OTBS member if you are a premier member that's the tag you get.

As far as I know and have seen, unless you are a Moderator, or an OTBS member if you are a premier member that's the tag you get.
DS,

Thanks for the reply

And you are right sir, I sent a PM to JJ and he confirmed that for me, unless I am promoted from within it will remain "Premier", that is cool, just kinda liked being able to have the different ones  :)

Windows firewall is about as good as Submarine with a screen door.  I use ZomeAlarm Firewall and it is bullet proof
Yeah, I agree, when I am downloading large files and software updates I disable my current suite, when I do that and forget to re-enable it before a restart, then windows automatically re-enables itself, I usually disable my suite and then re-enable it before a restart but I must have forgotten, or possibly one of these Win 10 updates you cannot stop did it, I will keep an eye on it, do a little homework, I only installed Win 10 because I work on machines for people and I need to get to know the menu system, they have to change it every time to make you adapt if you're in the field, it is rather aggravating, I prefer 7 but then I have played with it since it has been out and know it pretty well..............I have memory issues...............and this makes it a pain, not really much difference in the OS really except support for the touch screens, recognition and instead of a service, now it is called a app, it's all good, keeps me challenging my memory 
roflmao.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky