Primo XL Oval VS Kamado Cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which Would you Buy

• Primo XL Oval

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamado

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shenlun

Original poster
HI

I know this sounds very similar (like comparing a set of twin sisters) BUT I am looking at purchasing either product. I am new to the whole bbq/smoking thing, but my wife and I love the natural flavor of smoked products. We also HATE cleaning ovens and by the sounds of it these tick both boxes. We would then (when purchased) do 85% of all cooking on it (apart from boiling potatoes etc even though I am sure you can do it on them).

I live in australia and can get a Kamado Style cooker from a dealer from about 1600 AUD, with the usual extras, pizza plate, extra rack etc etc on a small stand (with side tables not a cart).

I have also seen a Primo XL Oval in the states for about 1500 USD with similar options. 

What I am wanting to know if what are you thoughts about which one I should buy. I am looking to buy in the new year!.

Thanks your input and time

Kind Regards

Personally I dont own either cooker. I believe a few folks on here own them and they might chime in later. From what I read they run hotter than what a smoker would. Smoking meat is a low and slow process usually at 225* F. A 14 Lb. brisket will take 10-14 hours give or take. I'm trying to describe in american standard scale so you can convert into metric. There are a lot of favorite smokers on this forum (all good). My personal favorite is a U.D.S. aka Ugly Drum Smoker.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/uds-ugly-drum-smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky