Prime Rib: Too Much

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I purchased a 3 rib prime rib approx 10 lbs. Plans have changed and I have too much.
In your opinion would it be better to cut in half and freeze or smoke the whole thing and then freeze half?

Reactions: sawhorseray
I would freeze half raw. Cuz I like it medium rare and thawed medium rare reheated can be a challenge...I suppose you could sous vide it...

Yes, that is what I was thinking also plus I get to drink at the smoker when doing the second half.

Same thing here, with a 4 bone ... bones off and freezing separately for making au jus (though considering making that now and freeze in my souped cubes trays), cutting about 2/3 for when we (eventually) have 2 friends coming to visit, slicing the remainder into a few steaks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky