Prime Rib A la Bear w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks friggin amazing John! Your guests will be happy with that!!

Like!

Thanks Joe! Now I just gotta figure out what to cook for the people who don't like medium rare meat. I refuse to cook one to well done. Waste of meat IMO

Not sure I've ever seen a rib roast plated in mouth sized bites, but it sure does look good John. Rare just the way we like it in our little world.

Point for sure.
Chirs

Your pups eyes look strange. Kind of pointing in opposite directions. Maybe it's just the PBRs I've been drinking.

Thanks Chris. You know you are right. I always forget to snap a good plated picture before I cut the steak up. My presentation skills suck...might be the PBR's I drank up to that point.

Way to go John, excellent piece of work! About how long did it take going 225º, I'm doing a 7 pounder this Saturday on my Pro 100. By some miracle my wife came home from her cousins house the other day with a bottle of "bold" Worcestershire sauce that I bought and left there when we were moving here months back, I have everything I'll need already in the pantry. BTW, good shopping effort on the ribeye roast, that's the price that always sparks my interest. RAY

Thanks Ray! Sorry for the late response. It took about 2 1/2 hours to hit 115 at 225. I think I probably could have gone 250 for 2 hours. It was a nice light smoke not too overpowering. The bold Worcestershire was great Ill be using it again for sure!

Looks Beautiful, John!!
Perfect Pink & Juicy!!
Nice Job---Now you're ready for that Christmas Dinner Job!!
Like.
BTW: We finally found Prime Rib "Choice" at $4.76 here, but you're only allowed 1.
So checking my Freezer Stock, I figure we only need 2 more to last us until Next Christmas.
So since I always get them at about 5 pounds, we'll just get the limit of 1 PR at about 10 pounds.
Then I'll cut it in half before I freeze it.

Bear

Thanks John I appreciate it! I was so glad I finally found the bold worchestershire it was outstanding! More distinct flavor than the regular worchestershire. Sounds like you got a good plan for the 10 pounder...I would do the same thing!

Looks fantastic! I sure wish I could find some around here for that price. Somehow I always miss the good pricing on the rib roasts! I have used Bears method on the beef ribs with the bold steak sauce. The flavors are spot on. I can only imagine how good yours was!

Thanks man appreciate the kind words! Normally I don't see them around here much unless its around the holidays unless you want to pay the $$$ as Costco for the prime grade. This was excellent tender and juicy. Check out the sales ad's this week and next in your area.

Your right that's usually how it goes too. Most of the time I just check the ads before I head to the store and whatever is a good deal that's what I plan my cooks around. Last year around this time i found bags of raw shrimp at Walmart for $2.00 a bag. I thought they screwed up. Took one over to the price checker and sure enough it was $2.00 per bag. You should have seen the looks on people's faces when they saw me over loading a grocery cart with bags of shrimp! lol!View attachment 423755

Damn what a steal! I would have bought everything they had and a deep freeze while I was there to keep it all in lol

Hey John. What's your opinion of the Char-hickory pellets?

Dave

I like the char hickory! I've used them twice now once on a brisket and now on the PR. I need to try them on a butt or some ribs but they do give off a little of the charcoal flavor if you know what I mean. Nice distinct hickory flavor as well. $8.99 for a 20 lb bag at rural king.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky