Prime eye of round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

actech

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Illinois Land of jailed governors
I just spotted prime eye of round roasts for $3.99lb. I still have a couple normals in the freezer. Is there really gonna be much difference in prime eye of round vs cab ? I mean there isn’t much marbling in that meat to begin with. What do ya think.

I never even saw a "Prime" Eye Round, but if I ever did for $3.99, I'd be all over it.
All I ever did with Eye Rounds was Making Dried Beef.
Dried Beef from Eye Rounds, and Venison Dried Beef are two of my favorite things.
However since I got the Temp & Time right in the SV for Eye Round & Chuck Roasts, I'll be doing a lot of that.
It's hard to believe how Awesome that comes out.

Bear

Yes sous vide eor is great. But I'll save buying prime for steaks ! Have gotten prime brisket before. Cant say it was better than regular angus. But porterhouse now thats a different story.

You should see some difference between Prime and Choice. The entire carcass is graded based off of how the ribeye looks, but if it has more marbling, the EOR should also.

That said, difference between CAB and Prime is more difficult to answer as CAB spans the upper end of choice and the lower end of Prime. It's quite possible that a hunk of CAB might be nicer than the Prime.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky