Pre-Release Myron Mixon Book - "Keto BBQ: Real Barbecue for a Healthy Lifestyle"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
In case anyone is following or using the Keto diet in business, here is a new book from Myron Mixon - "Keto BBQ: Real Barbecue for a Healthy Lifestyle Kindle Edition" that's scheduled for release 11 May 2021 Amazon Kindle format.

Extract from Amazon Kindle Update: From Myron Mixon, a new book showing you can eat barbecue, lose weight, and be healthy if you know how to do it right
"What does the winningest man in barbecue, the best damn smoker in the world, know about living a healthy lifestyle? Well, after more than 30 years of winning contest after contest for his smoked hogs, beef, and chicken and traveling the country talking, cooking, and eating barbecue, bestselling barbecue cookbook author Myron Mixon has figured out a few things about how to combine what he loves to do with his desire to be healthy. And he's figured that out with Keto BBQ. It lets him live the barbecue lifestyle without getting fat or inching closer to death’s door in the process—and he's learned how to keep the weight off. Myron has lost more than 100 pounds and managed to not gain it back for over a year and a half while still doing what he likes. Here’s what he's found out: You can eat barbecue and still be healthy if you know how to do it right. And that’s what he's going to show people in this book. What he's going to talk about is a series of real—and real simple—changes you can make that allow you to continue enjoying barbecue and other southern foods but to do it in a healthier way. "

There is nothing on his website store under books announcing this release either. So it might be an Amazon Kindle specific since that's the only format it'll be available in at the time of release. If he talks about BBQ preparation for Keto or related diets, might be useful, especially for family meals & catering use. I'll post an update when I receive the Kindle edition and read through it. 🍻
John

In case anyone is following or using the Keto diet in business, here is a new book from Myron Mixon - "Keto BBQ: Real Barbecue for a Healthy Lifestyle Kindle Edition" that's scheduled for release 11 May 2021 Amazon Kindle format.

Extract from Amazon Kindle Update: From Myron Mixon, a new book showing you can eat barbecue, lose weight, and be healthy if you know how to do it right
"What does the winningest man in barbecue, the best damn smoker in the world, know about living a healthy lifestyle? Well, after more than 30 years of winning contest after contest for his smoked hogs, beef, and chicken and traveling the country talking, cooking, and eating barbecue, bestselling barbecue cookbook author Myron Mixon has figured out a few things about how to combine what he loves to do with his desire to be healthy. And he's figured that out with Keto BBQ. It lets him live the barbecue lifestyle without getting fat or inching closer to death’s door in the process—and he's learned how to keep the weight off. Myron has lost more than 100 pounds and managed to not gain it back for over a year and a half while still doing what he likes. Here’s what he's found out: You can eat barbecue and still be healthy if you know how to do it right. And that’s what he's going to show people in this book. What he's going to talk about is a series of real—and real simple—changes you can make that allow you to continue enjoying barbecue and other southern foods but to do it in a healthier way. "

There is nothing on his website store under books announcing this release either. So it might be an Amazon Kindle specific since that's the only format it'll be available in at the time of release. If he talks about BBQ preparation for Keto or related diets, might be useful, especially for family meals & catering use. I'll post an update when I receive the Kindle edition and read through it. 🍻
John
I plan on buying it.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
i read this and i liked it
Welcome to the Forum from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country.

Glad you liked the book. I found the book easy and enjoyable reading without all the frills, fluff, and Thou Shalls, found in other Keto books. The recipes are pretty standard, but do help confirm a suggested direction to follow. To me, it's a great idea generator when you play "what if" with the recipes. Amazing how easy it is to follow this idea without a lot of stress.

Now that you are reading/using the book, don't forget to post your various meals - successes and failures! We love pictures and details. If you have issues, bring them up. The folks here are OUTSTANDING and very helpful!! 🍻

John

My wife has gone total keto, pedal to the metal. Myron's book made keto look like something we could do. Now, she's taking it to another level and pretty much left Myron's book behind. Getting a lot of recipes from YouTube. But also, I'm grilling almost every day, some days its twice a day.

We've both lost about 8 pounds in three weeks, a good portion of that may be water weight , but we're making progress.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky