Poultry Dry Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bones1948

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Winter Springs, Florida
When I do chicken on my smoker I split the chicken in half and brine the chicken overnight.  When I am getting ready to put the chicken on the smoker I brush it down with Italian zesty dressing and then apply a poultry rub to the chicken.  My question is will the Italian dressing negate the taste of the poultry rub that I apply to the chicken.

Thanks Steve

I don't think it would but maybe try using EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) instead and see if you can notice any difference in taste then you'll know for sure

nope... it's just two different layers of flavor that mix together. One doesn't cancel out the other. I have done chickens with just the dressing. With EVOO and my rub. With butter and my rub. With rub only. With Mustard and my rub. Even with Mayo and my rub. I didn't like the later three at all! Especially the mayo. (not good!!) And once because I ran out of EVOO I did just what you do. Italian dressing and then my rub. It worked just fine. My wife prefers the ones with dressing only. Where I like the EVOO and my rub much better. The dressing only has a milder flavor. My way has more kick.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky