Potato Wrapped Beef Sausages And Gravy (Pics & Lotsa Dialog)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well Robert , what can I say. But thank you for the plug.
Welcome buddy!! The plug was much deserved being that you were the catalyst for this.
You did a great cook and this is all you. It worked out great and glad my not so perfect helped you with yours
Not entirely true. You told me some of the things you considered potential pitfalls when you tried it and that helped a ton to take out some margin for error. Without that info, mine would have probably cratered and this thread would not have been posted :emoji_wink:
I am doing this this week again with a little twist again.
Oh boy....can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve now :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I’m a bit naive but why roll the sausages in potatoes and top with gravy. Why not just make sausage, potatoes and gravy?
A very valid question and not naive at all. A couple folks have already chimed in but I'll add some of my thoughts. For starters, since I was a kid I've lived by the concept that a person's perception becomes their own reality. When a person looks at a well prepared or creative plate, their perception becomes one of a good quality meal. At that point, half the battle is won :emoji_wink: I've also always loved going outside the box and doing different stuff. It's just part of who I am and this one is no exception. I just wanted to do something different. If everybody took the quick and easy way with cooking, food would get repetitive and boring pretty quickly. Now to a different take on your thoughts. Why would somebody spend 20 hours tending the pit to smoke a brisket when they could just pour some liquid smoke on it, toss the thing in a 375 degree oven, and have it done in a couple hours? Sure, that's would be the quick and easy way but folks just enjoy the task of doing it differently. Lastly, as jcam222 jcam222 noted, you eat with your eyes first, and he has a very valid point as I hinted at earlier. Overall, we are a group of people who enjoy going the extra mile here to do something fun and creative...and this one was fun. On the contrary though, it was not at all difficult. I'd taken the time to think through every step and had it pretty much dialed in before I even started :emoji_wink: Hopefully I've shed a little light on my thought processes without coming across as condescending or being a jerk as that is not my intention in any way.

Robert

Nice write up! Not sure why but got a couple chuckles along the way. Looks fantastic from here! Your gravy always looks so good!
Thanks so much Brian. there were a couple of intended (albeit veiled) chuckles built into the thread. Glad you found them :emoji_wink:

Robert

Great post Robert!
The sausage rolls look incredible!
Dang it, I wish we hadn’t eaten that jalapeño beef sausage!
Nicely done as usual!!
Very much appreciate it Al but fret not sir. I have a lot more of that sausage :emoji_wink:

Robert

I can taste these while looking at them!! Thinking outside the box can lead to better recipes and ideas down the road. I enjoy experimental individuals as I am one myself. Keep the creative ideas coming, much appreciated.
Some very high praise. Thank you. I agree 100% about being creative and it leading to bigger, better things down the road. That works for ourselves as individuals and sharing the ideas with others. A lot of that goes on in this forum.

Robert

The little Choo Choo train... I think I can, I think I can!
You don't know how close to accurate you are my friend!! That was a big part of it: to see if I could getit done.
Yep, you definitely did! Nice job on those! Of course topped with my favorite...gravy!
You got the text yesterday and knew it was coming, including the gravy :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Nice buddy… very nice! That DRKsmoking DRKsmoking is another one to watch out for….
Thanks so much Justin (AKA: Elvira :emoji_laughing:). I appreciate the kind words and you're right about that DRKsmoking DRKsmoking fellow. He's a devious one and can lead you down all sorts of the wrong paths. Yankees are like that sometimes :emoji_astonished: We'll keep him around though because he does come up with some really creative and fun ideas though.

Robert

😃Wow Robert! That is so much fun and came out beautiful! Another big salute to creativity executed perfectly! I think that would work perfectly in a high end Resturaunt as you did it or could be fried, then loaded up for a killer state fair plate! It’s a very transcendent concept! Thanks for a fun post!

Looks great Robert, I was thinking deep fried also, but your right the spud would probably come off in spots. Maybe a skewer thru the middle of the sausage would firm it up enough to do a whole sausage.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great and experimenting is always fun! Glad yours was successful!

Taking playing with your food to the next level. Anyone can throw a sausage taters and gravy on a plate. But when you use your imagination and have fun with it, its amazing what you can come up with. And this a great looking plate and definitely shows some thought in it.

Jim

Taking playing with your food to the next level. Anyone can throw a sausage taters and gravy on a plate. But when you use your imagination and have fun with it, its amazing what you can come up with. And this a great looking plate and definitely shows some thought in it.

Jim
Good thing there was plenty of pics and documentation! Otherwise we all be thinking, wait...how did he...oh I better not say it!

Ryan

Another truly impressive and beautiful meal Robert! Love the creativity here! That final plated shot made me drool on my keyboard a little lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky