Portabello Sloppy Joes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
Not sure where to put this so here we go. No smoking involved as we had a line of storms pass thru last night. Yesterday was my "Friday" as I have every other Friday off. I had planned on sloppy joe sliders but being an unsupervised adult (more like a drunk 12 year old) I decided to change things up and use two portabello caps as the vehicle for my sloppy joe fix. That and I've cut a lot of carbs e.g. slider buns out of my diet. I make 2-3 lb batches and bag/freeze lunch size portions.

Two caps , salt and pepper only. Into a 425 oven for about 15-20 minutes.

20220331_172822.jpg

Looking good. I love roasted mushrooms.
20220331_175212.jpg

I just nuked this stuff to warm it up.
20220331_173144.jpg

Stuffed them up...
20220331_175354.jpg

Topped them with my pickled pepper mix and some Asiago. Looking back, the peppers kind of clashed with the Asiago. I normally don't cheese my sloppy joes, but I do cover them in peppers so lesson learned.
20220331_172848.jpg
20220331_174530.jpg

Couple minutes under the broiler and voila! Peas and mushrooms to go along.
20220331_180321.jpg

Right tasty and will be doing this again. Thanks for looking. I haven't had an original idea in 25 years, so this is what happens when I try 🤣🤣

Looks great to me! And nothing wrong with being an unsupervised adult...or a drunk one at that lol! I'd definitely help finish off some of those

Ryan

Looks and slings delicious!! I like using portabellas as burger buns for a mushroom and Swiss.

Looks great to me! And nothing wrong with being an unsupervised adult...or a drunk one at that lol! I'd definitely help finish off some of those

Ryan
I live in a constant state of "unsupervision". Been divorced for over 20 years!! Hooray!!

Just don't get drunk and put that cap on! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan
You never know what might happen 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks darn good!
We stuff portobellos too, but never with sloppy joe mix.
Gonna give it a try for sure!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky