Pork Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Marinaded in store brand jerk. Not the traditional jerk but more sweet than hot. Added a chunk of pineapple for tenderizer. This was a fast cook. Left grill hood open to get nice and hot. Made some southern fried okra. I slow fry it for 30 - 40 minutes. Man that good stuff. Steak was also very good.

IMG_20221015_164410607_HDR.jpg IMG_20221015_170258007.jpg

IMG_20221015_170711138_HDR.jpg IMG_20221015_172055610.jpg

Looks great, made some Monday or Tuesday and didn't know I was out of my favorite rub, salt pepper garlic worked well, as long as I have hickory bark to throw in the coals they turn out great. Love okra fried or grilled.

Reactions: JLeonard
Man Brian, that looks really good. Pork steaks are excellent but you'd have to make a full platter of that okra just for me. I'd tear that stuff up buddy :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks great, made some Monday or Tuesday and didn't know I was out of my favorite rub, salt pepper garlic worked well, as long as I have hickory bark to throw in the coals they turn out great. Love okra fried or grilled.
Thanks, Never tried grilled?
Nicely done Brian!
Thanks Steve
great looking meal!!
Thanks
The steaks & corn look fantastic!
I’ll pass on the okra!
Al

Looks great Brian, always love pork steak and corn is a bonus
I'm with Al not sure about okra

David
Thanks Al ans David. Love some good home pan fried Okra. That stuff they flash fry in the restaurants is not the same.
Man Brian, that looks really good. Pork steaks are excellent but you'd have to make a full platter of that okra just for me. I'd tear that stuff up buddy :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert. Pan fried Okra is so good! Gets nice and crispy. It is still crispy the next day if it last that long.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice work Brian . That's a great way to cook them too .
Everytime I see your Char-griller it makes me want another one .

Nicely done Brian. That looks like a terrific meal.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice work Brian . That's a great way to cook them too .
Everytime I see your Char-griller it makes me want another one .
Thanks Rich. I love that thing. I have bought several of these over the years. Holidays Albertson would sell them under $100 and I would give them as gifts. A friend wanted my wanted my old one recently and had one more stashed away so I gave it to him. I see Kroger is buying out Albertson's. That probably going to suck!

Nicely done Brian. That looks like a terrific meal.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris

Okra whole olive oil salt pepper grill to your liken, I ain’t much on aldenta lol some parm cheese sprinkled over it when you pull it, also can bake it and I add fresh garlic to the oil then parmigiana cheese to finish

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Looks great Brian! Corn may be the one carb I miss and I’d murder a dozen ears if I got on it haha. Sure been a long time since I’ve had good fried okra too.

Looks great Brian! Corn may be the one carb I miss and I’d murder a dozen ears if I got on it haha. Sure been a long time since I’ve had good fried okra too.
Thanks Jeff. I been on a break since my last doc appt. So hard to get back on right path again. Keep saying tomorrow. Need to do a couple day fast to do a reset and back to low carb!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky