Pork Steaks on the gas grill .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I get my new card, someone got my number somehow, will order. Best I can find is 18 gauge.
That stinks . Been there a couple times .
I just reviewed mine and it says 16 gauge stainless . Same brand for a Gen 2 E410
says solid stainless " Much more thicker " Lol .
Good luck .

Man, those look absolutely decadent!! Beautiful job on that pork and I'd be all over a bunch of that....except that as late as I am there's probably not any left :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks mighty tasty Chop, I would be licking my chops!
Thanks . Plan was to use the SmokeFire , but the gas grill really did a great job .

! Beautiful job on that pork and I'd be all over a bunch of that....except that as late as I am there's probably not any left
Thanks Robert . Yup , the one leftover didn't make it past 10 am the next day .

Rich,
Those turned out beautifully. I have never had them marinated in Italian dressing, so it is on the list for sure.

Stu

Those turned out beautifully.
Thanks Stu .

I have never had them marinated in Italian dressing
Yeah , that's an '80's thing for me . Used to use it on almost everything back then .
Been a long time since I've used it . It's good . That smell when the meat hits the hot grill is insane .
Thanks for the interest bud .

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Thanks Stu .

Yeah , that's an '80's thing for me . Used to use it on almost everything back then .
Been a long time since I've used it . It's good . That smell when the meat hits the hot grill is insane .
Thanks for the interest bud .

Rich,
I couldn't any find pork steaks around here if my life depended on it.
So, some nice thick bone-in chops will have to do in a pinch. I plan on making a homemade Italian dressing, marinate, and then grill the chops on Saturday.
Thanks for the inspiration.

P.S. I would do it today, but today is jerky smoking/dehydrating day. ;-)
Stu

Reactions: sawhorseray
I think these will work

20211030_103909.jpg

Today gonna be Chicken and Dumplings but I gonna cheat

20211030_103937.jpg

Guess not going to replace those Deflectors. Best can find are 18 gauge and I think that what stock is. The only 16 gauge I see are the 13.25" ones and I need 12.5". Thought about stacking them. There are a lot of bad reviews on this grill with same problem. I sent Weber a message and they want me to do things all ready tried. That one grill was just a bad design.

Last edited:
Chicken and Dumplings but I gonna cheat
That's not cheating , that's being smart and eating good .

I think these will work
I guess they will . Those are nice . I looked yesterday , and the same pack I bought last week for $7.00 was $17.00 . I passed .
Yeah if you have the Silver that does a good job I wouldn't worry about the deflectors . That's a shame .

That's not cheating , that's being smart and eating good .

I guess they will . Those are nice . I looked yesterday , and the same pack I bought last week for $7.00 was $17.00 . I passed .
Yeah if you have the Silver that does a good job I wouldn't worry about the deflectors . That's a shame .
It does work great for other things though. Does great chicken when I to lazy to use charcoal.

I bake a lot of bread on mine in the summer . I showed you the weber grilling tray . I use it for veg.

These were perfect . So tender . Not soft , and the fat rendered perfect .
Sauce was SBR's , some brown sugar and a little scalded bourbon .
I had a section about 8:00 for breakfast . Gonna be lunch too .

I going to give another try today. Last time they where good but I think I over cooked them. What temp you think should go to?

Brain , I don't go by temp . I go by the " poke " for tenderness and look for shrink around the bone . I also look for the fat cap to render and shrink .
If I had to guess a temp ,, 190 ish . You could also probe for tender .
Funny I was thinking the same think for today , but forgot to thaw them . Gonna be the last nice day for awhile .

Brain , I don't go by temp . I go by the " poke " for tenderness and look for shrink around the bone . I also look for the fat cap to render and shrink .
If I had to guess a temp ,, 190 ish . You could also probe for tender .
Funny I was thinking the same think for today , but forgot to thaw them . Gonna be the last nice day for awhile .
I just threw them in sink full water. Be thawed in a hour. This pretty much the way I thaw most things. I will keep a better eye on them this time. I think I remember telling myself to take off earlier last time but did not listen. lol

We having a another nice day here. This one of the best winters we had in long time. Wanted something I can play with on grill.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky