Pork Steaks For Breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
I ran into a pack of pork steaks at the local Food Lion with a managers special sticker on them for cheap cheap cheap, so I couldn't pass it up. I don't eat them very often so i looked around here for some ideas and came across this post from chopsaw chopsaw and decided to go with it.

First thing, these were supposed to be for supper last night, but we stayed a little long at a brewery in Elizabeth City that we hadn't been to before. No way I was playing with the grill in the condition I was 🍺 If you're ever out that way stop into Seven Sounds right on the bank of the Pasquotank river.

The view from the brewery. Gorgeous day on the river

20221008_162145.jpg

Soaked these almost 24 hours in the zesty italian... I think the misshapen one on top was the reason nobody bought them. I gave that one to the dogs.

20221009_064811.jpg

Fired up the kettle before the sun was up.

20221009_063856.jpg

On they go

20221009_065050.jpg

Looking good. I didn't sauce them at all just got some char going. Pulled them off and finished searing the dogs piece. That's a crappy pic.....

20221009_070034.jpg

Chow time with a few eggs. Taste was marvelous as is. I thought leaving them in the dressing that long was going to be a problem, but not at all.

20221009_071547.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That's one heck of a breakfast right there ! Damn man I can just about smell that on the grill pic .
I have a pack to do today . I need to decide how I'm going to do them .
Nice work on that .

Reactions: mr_whipple
Now that looks good! Simple, too! You see those on sale around here now and then.
I picked up some Country Style Ribs the other day on a whim and was wondering how to do them.
Hmmm...

Reactions: mr_whipple
Looks good to me, Nice Job on those

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks everyone. Sometimes the plan gone wrong works out the best. I might try a Greek vinaigrette next time just for kicks. That and the kettle is getting double duty today. About to fire it up again for some wings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky