Pork Spares and Beef Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Received the Inkbird Controller and taking out for a spin. Had some hick ups first part of smoke. Fan would just go between 100 and 0. Played around with it and once it starting varying did good. Settled in around 50%. To be honest the only thing it has over the BBQ Guru is Wifi which is a big thing. Next time I think I will set fan manual at 50% until smoker comes up to temp.

20220313_155152.jpg 20220313_161613.jpg 20220313_155531.jpg

Did half rack spare and using the other half for Bacon Sticks. Since smoker fairly empty took some Beef Short Ribs out of freezer, coated in mustard and seasoned. They went on smoker frozen. I have to say these short ribs where the star of the show. Thanks to Al I no longer need to thaw. Plated with some crab macaroni salad. Everything was done in 5 hours.

20220314_093736.jpg 20220314_093740.jpg 20220314_152739.jpg

20220314_162223.jpg 20220314_162228.jpg

Congrats on the Inkbird. Always takes a few times for me to dial in a new tool. The results look great

Reactions: negolien
Great looking ribs Brian. Didn't see any pics of the pork ribs but that's ok. The beef ribs look outstanding. I got one of those Inkbird units also but really have no use for it. Got a good idea though what I'm gonna do with it.

Robert

Great looking ribs Brian. Didn't see any pics of the pork ribs but that's ok. The beef ribs look outstanding. I got one of those Inkbird units also but really have no use for it. Got a good idea though what I'm gonna do with it.

Robert
That is spare laying across the beef ribs. So the lady's brother never signed the Titles on the boat just the paper work forms. She going to get them sign to me. Should have ready in couple days.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky