Pork shoulders on Masterbuilt 1050

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've had (1) 12lb brisket, (2) 6lb butts and (2) 1/2 pans of chicken thighs on the 1050. It will hold a lot of grub.

Keith
Nice, did it increase your cook time by alot or was it even noticeable

Not that I noticed. Only opened the lid once in the first 2 hrs for the chicken.
And the MBGF has a very quick recovery time.

Keith
Good to know that was my biggest worry, and you're right the recovery time is very good

Good to know that was my biggest worry, and you're right the recovery time is very good
What it will probably do is increase your fuel consumption. The PID controller will work to maintain your set temperature no matter how much food you have on there. But the more food you have on there, the more fuel it will take for the controller to maintain the temp you set. So your temp and cook time should be fine, but you may notice you're burning more fuel when you've got a full smoker.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky