Pork Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
The wife and kid just left for the movies and I just put on a 7 lb pork shoulder that has been sitting overnight with a rub on it. I will post some pictures later.

Friendly tip for all of you from link:
When preparing your smoker and adding the hot coals to the smoker box do not do this barefoot! I just steeped on one of the hot coals that missed the box. Always wear shoes!

That is all for now.

Ouch that didn't feel good

Looking forward to some Qview but not of the foot
biggrin.gif

I just did that a couple of days ago. A little coal fell out of my chimeny starter and I found it in the soft spot between my big toe and ball of my foot.
OUCH!!!!!!
Footware of some kind is definatly needed.

Well, if you never make a mistake, you're not trying hard enough. If you make the same mistake twice, you're not learning
biggrin.gif

Look forward to the final report.

Been barefoot all morning. Worst thing that happened is I spilled some bourbon. Just couldn't get my foot to my mouth so some was wasted
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

I take it you are not a fire walker
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

And don't shake the ashes around if you're barefooted, and even then wear socks. Been there... done that.

oops... been shaking them all day barefoot... did have a spark land on my foot and it burned a bit but for some reason I enjoy it.

The dog was able to help me if that makes it any better... She did not leave much to wipe up on the floor either
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I thought this was SMF smoking meat forum, not SMF sado-masocism forum!
icon_smile.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
I'd say to be safe wear leather soled boots, or shoes that you can kick out of if you happen to stand on something so hot as to melt through the soles. I discovered this tip while teaching arc welding.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Sorry it took a bit to get these up but here is how it turned out

Going on the Smoker

th_97052_PS1_122_851lo.jpg

Finished 7 hours later
th_97059_PS2_122_210lo.jpg

What it looked like pulled

th_97060_PS3_122_556lo.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky