pork shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beerivore

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
NW burbs of Chicago
it took about 8 hours for a 6# piece. well worth it. It stalled out at about 169º for alittle bit. It cooked for about 6 hours total and then wrapped in a towel and put it in a cooler. Just pulled it out of the cooler after about 1 1/2 -2 hours and picked it apart with a fork.
I have been able to have the temps steady for an hour or 2, but nothing to where i can go to sleep for hours. I don't know how some of you guys can do all nighters and keep temps all night.
Anywho, I have sandwiches for at least a week.
93422bb9_vbattach12903.jpg

50f99a25_vbattach12902.jpg

thanks.......... I am wondering if anyone injects their pork shoulder with anything before smoking it.
I love the taste when I pull it apart. It is better the next day, for I feel the smoke flavor is more intense. If anyone injects it, what do they inject it with?

Looks great! Nice and juicey fine looking smoke ring .. Great Job!

I don't inject per se but I do occasional jab the knife in and stick garlic cloves soaked in olive oil in the slits. Awsome flavor!

Thanks DeeJay. I will try that.

On another note I had to defend the male species from your jokes about them.

Thanks for all your help

I did a small pork shoulder yesterday, too. Not very big at all, but DANG!!! It was GOOOOOOD!!! I cut it with a FORK! A FORK! MMmmmmm.

Sorry, Beerivore, didn't mean to take steal any thunder from your thread. Just had to brag a little. I'm glad yours turned out so well. It looks good. I'm lovin' life right along with ya!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky