• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

pork shoulder

beerivore

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 7, 2007
it took about 8 hours for a 6# piece. well worth it. It stalled out at about 169º for alittle bit. It cooked for about 6 hours total and then wrapped in a towel and put it in a cooler. Just pulled it out of the cooler after about 1 1/2 -2 hours and picked it apart with a fork.
I have been able to have the temps steady for an hour or 2, but nothing to where i can go to sleep for hours. I don't know how some of you guys can do all nighters and keep temps all night.
Anywho, I have sandwiches for at least a week.
93422bb9_vbattach12903.jpg

50f99a25_vbattach12902.jpg

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Drool!!!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

beerivore

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 7, 2007
thanks.......... I am wondering if anyone injects their pork shoulder with anything before smoking it.
I love the taste when I pull it apart. It is better the next day, for I feel the smoke flavor is more intense. If anyone injects it, what do they inject it with?

ron50

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2007
That looks fantastic.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Looks great! Nice and juicey fine looking smoke ring .. Great Job!

I don't inject per se but I do occasional jab the knife in and stick garlic cloves soaked in olive oil in the slits. Awsome flavor!

beerivore

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 7, 2007
Thanks DeeJay. I will try that.

On another note I had to defend the male species from your jokes about them.

Thanks for all your help

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
LOL I was waiting for that! We gals get hit all the time! When I got that in my email this morning I had to post it!

ikinya6

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 25, 2006
I did a small pork shoulder yesterday, too. Not very big at all, but DANG!!! It was GOOOOOOD!!! I cut it with a FORK! A FORK! MMmmmmm.

Sorry, Beerivore, didn't mean to take steal any thunder from your thread. Just had to brag a little. I'm glad yours turned out so well. It looks good. I'm lovin' life right along with ya!

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.