Pork Shoulder, Smoker Turned Off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks everyone!

I don't see how to purchase the bluetooth probe. Anyone have a direct link?

Thanks everyone!

I don't see how to purchase the bluetooth probe. Anyone have a direct link?

As Jake said, send a PM to Miya at Inkbird.
If you are able to, go for the IRF-4S model.
The radio frequency range is far superior to bluetooth.
The only draw back to IRF-4S versus a bluetooth model is that it lacks an app for graphing and logging your cook.

P.S. Good to see that we all didn't kill ya with our advice. :emoji_wink:

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks great . What's next ?

So many things I want to do. I still have a mutton shoulder, which I will smoke for Kentucky burgoo. Burgoo needs at least three meats so with my mutton and some of my pork, I need to smoke some third thing. I haven't done any beef yet so brisket is tempting. Or I may just go to Costco and buy whatever is huge again. Can different kinds of meat be smoked at once?

A smoker friend also told me about a cajun-shrimp-stuffed chicken on a mail order service that he says is very impressive when smoked.

A whole fish is always intriguing.

Oh and there's a YouTube video of someone smoking a ribeye for a really short period of time and making a mustard rosemary glaze for it that sounds amazing.

Thanks Shae. That was a great video. I just had dinner, and now I'm hungry all over again, lol. Seems easy enough to make that butter sauce. Gonna have to try it next week. Thank you again.

Reactions: ShaeSays
Thanks Shae. That was a great video. I just had dinner, and now I'm hungry all over again, lol. Seems easy enough to make that butter sauce. Gonna have to try it next week. Thank you again.

Mike, the butter sauce does sound delicious. I'm thinking I have give it a try on the next top round smoke and reverse sear.
Might even throw some shirmp on the grill too for good measure.

Mike, the butter sauce does sound delicious. I'm thinking I have give it a try on the next top round smoke and reverse sear.
Might even throw some shirmp on the grill too for good measure.
I agree. We have Steak most Saturdays, so I'm gonna plan this for next weekend, and now that you mention Shrimp, seems like that may "fall" into the mix too.

I agree. We have Steak most Saturdays, so I'm gonna plan this for next weekend, and now that you mention Shrimp, seems like that may "fall" into the mix too.

Yes indeed, Mike
You know, right about the time you got your CI shrimp tray, I went in search of one too.
Not one to be found in stock anywhere.
You must have bought the last one in North America. :emoji_laughing:

Stu

Stu,
I noticed that it was out of stock right after I completed the purchase. But since then I heard on here that Home Depot and Amazon had restocked. It was 1-2 weeks ago. So if you recheck, you may get lucky. It's definitely worth it. For a simple item, it's one of my favorite things.
Thanks for the like, very appreciated.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
ShaeSays ShaeSays , there are all sorts of nice cuts of beef to smoke such as Tri Tip, chuckies, eye of round, top round, prime rib, etc. So it doesn't necessarily need to be a brisket for your first beef smoke.
Yes, you can smoke different types of meat at the same time. Timing will be determined by your desired final internal temperature and/or probe tenderness.
Just my 2 ¢ opinion.

Stu,
I noticed that it was out of stock right after I completed the purchase. But since then I heard on here that Home Depot and Amazon had restocked. It was 1-2 weeks ago. So if you recheck, you may get lucky. It's definitely worth it. For a simple item, it's one of my favorite things.
Thanks for the like, very appreciated.

That's good to hear since I haven't checked either HD or Amazon in a while.
Now, if I can just convince my wife that a CI shrimp tray is a need instead of a want.
:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Reactions: MJB05615
A little late but you may have some luck by messaging inkbird.

Last edited:
Had a similar thing happen to me, this thread was very helpful and meal turned out beautifully! I’ve been smoking for a few years, and love it. First one running across this site, became a member and I’ll be coming back. Thanks You!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky