Pork Rollups

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Some friends came over for supper and he had this pack of boneless pork chops that he had the meat cutter run through the cuber 1 time. With no real plan in mind, he says "Let's cook these for supper." So I'm thinking fried with rice and gravy or maybe mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, or some other kind of country cooking, but then decided to switch gears a little.
thumbnail (32).jpg

Put the chops in a sealable bag with a big bottle of CHEAP Italian dressing. Here's the whole lineup. Gold potatoes, Vidalia onions, bacon, and the cubed pork. Fresh corn not shown.
thumbnail (38).jpg
thumbnail (37).jpg

After a couple of hours in the Italian dressing, it's time to make the rollups. A piece of the cubed pork with some Vidalia onion slices and La Costena pickled jalapeno pepper slices rolled up inside. Then wrapped with a slice of bacon and secured with toothpicks. We use this brand of pickled jalapenos because they have peppers that are sliced lengthwise.
thumbnail (39).jpg

A pan full of a labor of love.....
thumbnail (34).jpg

Time to cook them on some lump in my Weber Kettle. After they're done, a slice of Monterrey Jack is placed on each and then under the broiler for a few.
thumbnail.jpg

The gold potatoes were boiled until fork tender, placed on a cookie sheet, and slightly smashed with a potato masher. Now ready for a 450℉ oven to finish cooking and get crispy on the top.
thumbnail (35).jpg

Here's everything ready to eat.
thumbnail (17).jpg

I broke out the fine china again for my friends.
20210523_195426.jpg

The cubed pork chops really hang on to the Italian dressing and give them that zing in each bite. The canned pickled jalapenos work well with the sweet Vidalia onion wedges. And of course the melted cheese and bacon wrapped around the outside, who doesn't love cheese and bacon?

Last edited:
Thank you all, very much. One thing that I forgot was that I drizzle melted butter over the smashed potatoes and shake on some salt & pepper before placing them in the oven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky