pork ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thanks guys!
you gave me a lot of ideas for experiments)) there will be something to do this weekend :emoji_sunglasses:
where do you usually buy firewood? at local markets or order from somewhere?

Last edited:
thanks guys!
you gave me a lot of ideas for experiments)) there will be something to do this weekend :emoji_sunglasses:
where do you usually buy firewood? at local markets or order from somewhere?
Are you burning splits or chunks? Chunks can be had at lowes, walmart and Home depot. Splits might be tougher and need to be mail ordered unless you can find them local.

Hello! In general, I chose cherry wood and smoked the ribs)) well, it seemed to work out.
Of course I have a lot to learn, but I really like it
bbq.png

Has anyone heard of almond charcoal? I started reading about coals in general, what types there are, what kind of firewood famous bbq restaurants use, and almond firewood was mentioned very often. does anyone have experience? and did anyone buy coals on this site? Walmart doesn't have a very large selection

Good looking ribs! Can't say I've seen almond charcoal, but I did have some Almond pellets from Knotty Wood. I really don't recall them being all that flavorful. In fact I may have tossed them.

Reactions: celentano
I like pecan, cherry, hickory, apple. This last weekend I did Pecan/cherry mix. Love the aroma and flavor of them all.

Reactions: JLinza
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky