pork over smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

usphantom

Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Indiana
Hello every one , I had a hog butchered and they over smoked the meat , Is there any way to get the smoke flavor out of the pork ?? Thank you for your time

Well, I'm a newbie to smoking and so take this with a grain of salt, but I'll offer my two cents if you are doing pulled pork.  Use SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce on the pulled pork.  I don't know if it will eliminate the smoke, but it gives the pork a nice juicy flavor that is distinct and could take some "attention" away from the smoke part.  I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in.

Hello every one , I had a hog butchered and they over smoked the meat , Is there any way to get the smoke flavor out of the pork ?? Thank you for your time

If you have the ability to hang it in a cooler the smoke flavor will mellow. If not, from experience some of the smoke flavor will "wash off" once the meat is frozen, if wrapped in meat paper, then thawed. Maybe it can mellow it out enough to make it more acceptable for your taste.....good luck .......ShoneyBoy

the smoke is mostly in the outer most layer of the meat. remove it and just eat the inner part.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky